Upgraded to Windows 10, having trouble with a few things

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Dan33185

Upgraded to Windows 10, having trouble with a few things

Post by Dan33185 »

My computer running Windows 7 died, so I upgraded to a new computer running Windows 10. I'm having a few problems getting MMW set up, wondering if I can get some help.

1. Installing/changing skins doesn't seem to do anything, any time I change a skin, MM flashes like it's going to change skins but comes back looking exactly the same. Also, I'm having a weird problem towards the bottom of MM, where that part is blue for some reason when it's not supposed to be (see picture below).

2. The taskbar player is not working. I made sure to enable Media Monkey in "toolbars" on Windows 10, but there doesn't appear to be a "minimize to MicroPlayer" option anywhere, I don't remember that being a script or anything, it was included in the install.

3. I'm not sure how to add "play in media monkey", "play next in Media monkey", etc. in the Windows Context menu, any help would be appreciated.
Lowlander

Re: Upgraded to Windows 10, having trouble with a few things

Post by Lowlander »

1) Check that you're using the skinned version under Tools > Options > Skins.

2&3) This isn't available if you do a Portable Install. Is that the case?
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:49 pm 1) Check that you're using the skinned version under Tools > Options > Skins.

2&3) This isn't available if you do a Portable Install. Is that the case?
1. I have the following skins available:

And no matter which one I select, it still ends up looking like the picture in my first post.

2. I'm 99% sure I didn't do a portable install, is there a way to tell without reinstalling the program again to be sure?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) In Explorer go to the folder you have MediaMonkey installed and launch MediaMonkey.exe. Does it allow you to change Skins then?

2&3) If there is a Portable folder in the folder you installed MediaMonkey on your PC it may be a Portable Install.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

Unfortunately opening from the Media Monkey folder doesn't change anything either. I don't see a portable folder in my MM install folder either.

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Reinstall and make sure the option to use MediaMonkey Skins instead of Windows Theme is set in the installer: http://www.mediamonkey.com/MediaMonkey_Setup.exe
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:23 pm Reinstall and make sure the option to use MediaMonkey Skins instead of Windows Theme is set in the installer: http://www.mediamonkey.com/MediaMonkey_Setup.exe
That seems to have done the trick, not sure what went wrong with the previous install. I did notice the link you gave led to MediaMonkey_4.1.23.1881, I was previously trying to install MediaMonkey 4.1.24.1883 beta (http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 40#p456640), so maybe that has something to do with it?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That shouldn't matter, 1883 runs skinned here. The problem may be from the skin setting in the installer, which a new install fixed. You can try 1883 again, just make sure you set this option on skinning correctly in the installer.