Export/Create Playlists 4 Child Nodes 4.0 (2013-07-10)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

JOOP

How to export playlists Synology NAS7Linux

Post by JOOP »

Hello Zvezdan,

Unfortunately, I need help again. I am using version 4.1. of your script.

Recently I have transferred my music collection to a Synology NAS. NAS runs with Linux (and Disk Station Manager V 6.2.1.). Everything works fine but the playlists.

I need to export playlists into the folder /music/playlists in order to be recognized by other players using Synology Media Server (such as Hifi-Cast).

Currently I am struggling with the format in which to export my MM4 playlists to that folder. My problem is similar to that I found in this thread on page 22 (2014 Jul 03).

I have managed to create a playlist within Audio Station of Synology NAS, which can be read by other devices connected to Synology NAS as Media Server.

The playlist created looks like this:
#EXTM3U
../Musik/......../song1.mp3
../Musik/......../song2.mp3
../Musik/......../song3.mp3
(„MUSIK“ is the folder on Synology where the mp3 files are stored), same level as the „playlists“ folder (../playlists).

As closest approximation in options I found this:

[x] m3u
[x] ansi
[_] #Ext
[x] unicode
[x] exclude unavailable
[x] Relative
[x] unix
[_] replace
[_]use regular expressions...

Result:
../Musik/..../song1.mp3../Musik/..../song2.mp3../Musik/..../song3.mp3
However, „#EXTM3U“ at the beginning of the playlist file is missing. On the other hand, if I check „#Ext“, then the information of „#EXTINF:283“ at beginning of each track seems to block reading of the playlist.

I did not manage to achieve the goal by trying other options. Since I have about a hundred playlists, manual editing with notepad seems not to be a good option either.

Therefore I am grateful for your help how to achieve this.

Thanks,
Jochen

Jochen

MM4 V 4.1.18.1859 (Gold lifetime); Export/Create Playlists 5.4; Synology DS; Sonos, Hifi-Cast Premium
ZvezdanD

Re: How to export playlists Synology NAS7Linux

Post by ZvezdanD »

JOOP wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:43 amHowever, „#EXTM3U“ at the beginning of the playlist file is missing. On the other hand, if I check „#Ext“, then the information of „#EXTINF:283“ at beginning of each track seems to block reading of the playlist.
The simple M3U format contains only list of files and nothing more. The extended M3U format contains both #EXTM3U on the beginning of the playlist and #EXTINF lines for each referenced file. There is no point to use the extended format to have just #EXTM3U line without #EXTINF lines. I doubt that the #EXTINF lines are reason for your issue, there must be some another problem.

What do you have enabled, ANSI or Unicode? You cannot have enabled both of them at the same time (it is very unlikely that you need Unicode enabled anyway).

By the way, I don't understand how your issue is related to the mentioned post in this thread on page 22.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
JOOP

Re: Export/Create Playlists 4 Child Nodes 4.0 (2013-07-10)[MM2+]

Post by JOOP »

Hello Zvezdan,

Thank you for your reply.
The extended M3U format contains both #EXTM3U on the beginning of the playlist and #EXTINF lines for each referenced file. There is no point to use the extended format to have just #EXTM3U line without #EXTINF lines.
I fully understand this. Nevertheless, the only playlist that works is the one which I have created in Audiostation of Synology, whichs shows the first line (see above) when opening it with the editor, but not the other information. It also starts each song with a new line.

These are the properties:

https://www.directupload.net/file/d/539 ... w6_jpg.htm

Would be grateful for your help. I might also send you the m3u file created on audiostation.

Thanky you,
Jochen

P.S.
Independently from this I will donate for your version 5.3.6 which I have only recoverered yesterday.

Jochen

MM4 V 4.1.18.1859 (Gold lifetime); Export/Create Playlists 5.4; Synology DS; Sonos, Hifi-Cast Premium
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

JOOP wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:41 amthe only playlist that works is the one which I have created in Audiostation of Synology, whichs shows the first line (see above) when opening it with the editor, but not the other information. It also starts each song with a new line.

I might also send you the m3u file created on audiostation.
Please e-mail me your M3U file or upload it to Dropbox, maybe it could help if I take a look at its native form. As I said, I don't think that the missing #EXTINF lines are the only reason why that file works fine. Maybe it is the new line codes in it or UTF-8 format or something else.

If your file created in Audiostation has CR+LF codes for new lines, then you should not enable the Unix option. However, in that case, if you have the slash character in your file as a folder separator instead of backslash then you should use the Replace option to change "\" to "/".

Are you sure that the media files referenced in the M3U playlist generated by my add-on have the same paths as your M3U file created in Audiostation?
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
JOOP

Post by JOOP »

Zvezdan,

By separate mail I have send two sample playlists to you together with further information.

However, If I uncheck „Unix“ option and activate „relative“ then I can not use the option „replace“ „\“ with „/“ by default.

The path is
P:/music/Musik (=music files)
P:/music/playlists (=playlists)

If I see it correctly, the playlist files start with ../Musik. The only distinction is the #Extm3u at the beginning at the audio station playlist.

I am sure have I overlooked something but no clue what it could be :-? .

Very grateful for your support.
Jochen

Jochen

JOOP

SOLVED: Export/Create Playlists 4 Child Nodes 4.0 (2013-07-10)[MM2+]

Post by JOOP »

Finally, it is working now :D .

This is a summary with regard to the export of m3u-playlists created within Mediamonkey (V4.x) to a Synology Diskstation (D218+) with the Create/Export Playlist Tool Version 4.1..

After many tests the playlists are being recognized and read by Synology Media Server with the following configuration:

[x] M3U
[x] ANSI
[_] #Ext
[x] Unavailable
[x] Relative
[x] Unix („/“,LF)
[_] Replace
[_] Use regular expressions....

Paths on Synology:

[x]:/music/Musik (=> music files)
[x]:/music/playlists (=> playlists)

„music“ is the default drive of Disk Station for music files.

The playlists should be exported into the folder „playlists“ (they may also be stored in „Musik“).

After export, it is important to run the „Indexation“ function for the respective folders that are to be accessed by Synology Media Server. This is true also if music files or playlists respectively have changed.

In order that playlists and their contents are streamed via Synology Media Server, please note that Audio Station has to run. In my tests the Playlists have not been recognised after switching-off Audio Station. Only Synology knows why... .

Playlists in that format are also recognized by MinimServer (after a rescan by MinimWatch).

This configuration runs with Hifi-Cast (Android) as well as with SONOS.

I would like to thank Zvezdan for his patience, support and fast reactions.

Although the export may be effected with V4.1. of the tool, I recommend everybody to update to V 5.4, and by this way supporting Zvezdan for his work to create and enhance this invaluable tool which makes all our lives a lot easier.

Jochen

djmt99

Post by djmt99 »

I know I did it before, but can't figure it out now. Where are the settings for exporting folders and files to the same hierarchy as they exist at their home location? Right now, everything is saving into folders named after their playlists.
Disc Jockey (DJ & VJ) ; AV & Lighting Tech ; Music Lover of all types
MediaMonkey Gold - Proud Lifetime License holder, Since Aug 2008
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

djmt99 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:23 am Where are the settings for exporting folders and files to the same hierarchy as they exist at their home location?
What do you mean by "home location"? Do you have "To parent (or child) folders" turned on in the Options dialog box?
djmt99

Post by djmt99 »

[quote=ZvezdanD post_id=457469
What do you mean by "home location"? Do you have "To parent (or child) folders" turned on in the Options dialog box?
[/quote]

Yes. It still creates a new folder for every playlist.
djmt99

Post by djmt99 »

djmt99

Post by djmt99 »

ZvezdanD wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:50 am What do you mean by "home location"? Do you have "To parent (or child) folders" turned on in the Options dialog box?
I've tried all 3 options: To parent, to child, to single. All the files end up in a separate folder named after the playlist.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

djmt99 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:55 pmI've tried all 3 options: To parent, to child, to single. All the files end up in a separate folder named after the playlist.
The first two options (to parent / child folders) create the same hierarchical structure of folders as the nodes in the Media Tree that are exported. The third option (To single folder) exports all nodes to playlist files into the same specified folder.

Did you read the Usage section of the add-on's Web page? If you did, do you report that the add-on is behaving differently than it is described in that section?
djmt99

Post by djmt99 »

Yes, right now I have it set to single-folder but it's still copying files to
/playlistA/
/playlistB/
/playlistC/

However, in the past I know that I was able to export a playlist and have the files copied to the same folder structure as it's source. Perhaps your add-on isn't what I used, but I'm wondering which one is was? I don't think I've uninstalled any. Any ideas?
djmt99

Post by djmt99 »

Digging back into some OLD bookmarks, I found that it might've been Modified Export Playlists, which is no longer supported. Bummer.

Could this be something you would consider adding to the premium add-on?

I'd also like to work with you to get the single-folder option fixed!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

djmt99 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:07 pm Yes, right now I have it set to single-folder but it's still copying files to
/playlistA/
/playlistB/
/playlistC/

However, in the past I know that I was able to export a playlist and have the files copied to the same folder structure as it's source.
djmt99 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:16 pmI'd also like to work with you to get the single-folder option fixed!
"To single folder" option works fine, I just tried it and it exported all M3U playlist files to the single specified folder, having the filenames as the corresponding playlist nodes from the Playlists branch.

What do you mean by "I was able to export a playlist and have the files copied to the same folder structure as it's source"? Which files have you copied, media files or playlist files? Did you use the Export option from the menu that contains " & Copy Media Files" in its name? What the same folder structure you are talking about when you already said that you want to export files to the single folder? Could you give more specific examples of your structure of nodes that you want to export and the structure of folders and filenames of playlists that you want to get?