Has anybody figured out the duplicate entries problem?

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

paulrhyan

Has anybody figured out the duplicate entries problem?

Post by paulrhyan »

So after several trials & errors, I finally figured out why all my music was syncing as 'unknown artist'. I still have one persisting problem though. Every time I sync my library I keep getting duplicate entries showing in the MMA library. Some songs show as duplicates every time I delete and create a new library. Sometimes some songs that once showed up a duplicates no longer become 'duplicated'. I need to emphasize that these songs are not physically duplicated on the device. There is only one copy of the song. When I look at my MMA library and display the properties of the duplicated song(s); the properties of both songs point to the same directory and song.

If I/we can't figure this out then this app isn't going to work for me. I suppose it will work well enough to sync my phone to the library on the PC but other than that it won't work [for me] for playing media.
Lowlander

Re: Has anybody figured out the duplicate entries problem?

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMA and MMW and how exactly did you sync when duplicates occur?
paulrhyan

Post by paulrhyan »

Lowlander wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:03 am Which version of MMA and MMW and how exactly did you sync when duplicates occur?
I am using MMW v4.1.20.1864 and MMA v1.3.3.0842.

I connected my OnePlus 6T to my PC via USB. When the device was recognized by MMW I synced from MMW. It took about 60-90 minutes for the files to copy to the phone. When It was done I disconnected the phone from the PC and started MMA. MMA began scanning the library and adding the files to the database. That took another 60-90 minutes. When It was done I started looking through the library and saw that there were duplicates.

As mentioned in the OP, none of these tracks are physically duplicated. MMA properties point to the same directory for both files. If I check the files through an Android file manager or connect to the PC and use Windows Explorer I can't find any instance of an actual duplicated file. I don't know exactly how many files are 'duplicated' and going through the entire library to find them all just isn't going to happen. If I had to guess I would say there are about 400-500 'duplicates'.

I hope this helps since about two weeks of off & on searching has yielded no results for me. Thanks.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

paulrhyan

Post by paulrhyan »

Lowlander wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:40 am Start with updating MMW: https://www.mediamonkey.com/news/2019/0 ... ey-5-beta/
How would updating MMW help with a problem that appears to be in MMA? The files synced/copied just fine. There are no physical duplicates on the device. It is MMA that is 'seeing doubles'.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If you sync from MMW to MMA, MMW updates MMA thus could be the source.

You'll likely need to start fresh in MMA anyway as any solution to preventing the duplicates possibly won't resolve the existing ones.
RickMM

Duplicate Entries in Album view on Samsung S5 using MMA

Post by RickMM »

When I access MMA on my Android S5 phone using the 'Artist and Artist's album' view option I found duplicate entries of the same song listed under the selected album. I checked the SD card and there is only 1 file of the song saved on the SD card but on the list of songs under the selected album there are duplicates of the same entry. It's a bit annoying when I want to listen to an album but the same song is repeated. I only ever use the 'auto sync' feature to get the files from my MMW/PC to my phone/WWA. My playlists appear to be fine, but not the lists under album view. I did a quick search of topics using 'duplicate' string but couldn't find a solution.

What am I doing wrong? How do I fix it?
Peke

Re: Duplicate Entries in Album view on Samsung S5 using MMA

Post by Peke »

Hi,
If You play both files and go to track properties do they point to same Path?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
RickMM

Post by RickMM »

Hi,
Yes
RickMM

Post by RickMM »

Paulrhyan,

Did you get a solution to your issue? I have a similar duplicate issue.
paulrhyan

Post by paulrhyan »

Yes, I did figure it out. I stopped using MMA and went back to the previous android app I was using.

I know this isn't what you want to hear but I just don't have time to trouble shoot these things. I'm sorry I couldn't be more help.
Peke

Post by Peke »

RickMM wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:08 pm
Hi,
Yes
Can you please Copy both Internal and SDCard /MediaMonkey/ Folders, compress them and upload to file sharing service (DropBox/One Drive/Mega.nz/... then open support ticket and write reference to this topic and DL link to compressed files?

What version of MMA you use?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts