tags won't synchronize

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

lcurry

tags won't synchronize

Post by lcurry »

I have 180 tags that turn up when I search for unsynchronized tag via Files to Edit.
I select them and synchronize them and nothing happens: when I search for them again, they are all still there
Lowlander

Re: tags won't synchronize

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey and what file type(s)?

The Files to Edit nodes are aides in helping to manage the Library, if nothing seems wrong you don't need to worry about files continiuing to show there.
GeraldB

Post by GeraldB »

I have the same situation: 85 files, all mp3, MM 4.1.24.1883. I spotted this years ago and it doesn't seem to do any harm, but it bugs me not to be able to tell how these files differ from those for which the tags synchronize properly. If there's some simple answer it would be welcome.
Can't afford a signature.
AlanH

Post by AlanH »

I find I have to run all three clean ID tag options before I use Synchronise tags, that usually cures the difficult ones.
lcurry

Post by lcurry »

2 wma files
25 mp3 files
150 mp4 files

The info in the unsynchronizable file names seems to be identical to that in their tags (most of them have Album Artist highlighted in Yellow)

These files are not new. They have not turned up before when searching for Unsynchronized Files. They have not been changed recently, if at all.

I have been synchronizing tags for years with no problem (don't know what changes are made by this script, I just do it as routine)

*** Other oddball stuff HAS been occurring during the same time (the last few days):

(1) For about 6 albums, a second version of each appears in MM (I don't know why it appears and I don't know if I have discovered them all -- I found them using the Inconsistent Artwork node in Files to Edit)

The second versions of the 6 albums had no track numbers and no Grouping, but otherwise were the same as the first versions (filenames were the same for 1st and 2nd versions). The second version tags were different from their filenames, which did include track numbers and grouping. These filenames were written from tags when they were Organized, so it seems that track numbers and grouping were removed after the file was created (as opposed to never being in the tag).

When I play one of these tracks, both versions go bold, as if both are playing
If I delete either the first or second version of the album, the remaining version goes dead
After removing the dead links, I get the album back, with only one version, when I restore the tracks from the Recycle Bin
To solve this, since there were only 6 albums, I deleted and restored each The problem has not re-emerged but I have not tried to find other instances of this problem (don't know how, exactly)

(2) I had a problem during all of this involving an inability to do a Full Optimization of the database.
I repeatedly received an error message involving scanned files
I repeatedly pressed Ignore and kept getting the same error message
I don't know if the error messages referred to the same error or different ones
After clicking through many, many error messages, I gave up -- never got to the end
Nothing different from the Cancel button
Had to use Task Manager to kill MM
Several times I tried Full Optimize to no avail
Did a Quick Optimize which failed a couple of times and then succeeded
I then tried another Full Optimize and that succeeded in finishing without incident

Thanks for your help.
lcurry

Post by lcurry »

AlanH, Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, it did not work for me...