Crash during sync

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

TonyGeeee

Crash during sync

Post by TonyGeeee »

Environment is Windows 10 (Build 18936) syncing to an iPhone X (iOS 13 Beta 2). Trying to sync a playlist, MM consistently crashes during the sync. The Log ID generated is BD7A8C4C. I have sent multiple logs successfully after this happens. Please let me know how to proceed. Thanks. --Tony
TonyGeeee

Re: Crash during sync

Post by TonyGeeee »

An update: I broke my 30K iPhone playlist into 9 smaller playlists, and I'm having better luck with that. One thing that has remained consistent, however. The sync will be moving along nicely, then it will pause for a very, very long time on one song. Typically it will start syncing again at the normal rate, but after some time, it will "stick" on a song again. I have checked and the delay does not seem to be due to file conversion, nor large file size. I have not yet determined why it is behaving this way. Hope this helps.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Will it 'freeze' always on same tracks or it's random ? That kind of tracks do you synchronize ? mp3's ?
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
TonyGeeee

Post by TonyGeeee »

Random tracks. Random numbers of fast syncs between the freezes. All songs are mp3 format.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi,

1) re the exception BD7A8C4C : I see that there is an exception in f_mp4.dll when parsing file tags.
I guess this is specific to certain and particular files on your PC, could you try to locate the files on which this exception appears and share a sample file with us?
You can test it by selecting the file(s) > right-click > Send to iPhone.

EDIT: or generate full debug log (item 4b here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=86643) so that I can see what was the last file for which the crash occured. The crash log contains just several last lines from the DbgView and I am not able to determine on which file it crashed.

2) re the freezes, this is caused by commit batches, MM5 uploads a batch of files at first (which is fast) and then commits it. The commiting usually takes several seconds. So that's expected behaviour related to the workflow described in a greater detail here: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view ... 362#c41031
TonyGeeee

Post by TonyGeeee »

Thanks for the info re: the long sync pauses. Pretty much explains that (except for the fact that my 'pauses' are more like 4-5 minutes instead of the listed times.

Regarding the freezing on sync, I have just done what I needed to do to make this stop happening and I spent hours making that happen, so feel free to close the ticket on this issue. Hopefully it will get worked out when MM5 goes gold. Also, FYI, I sent plenty of log reports after this behaviour, so you should already have the log files to examine.

Thank you.

--Tony
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Yes, we got plenty of crash logs BD7A8C4C from you, but it did not give us enough info why it happened. Therefore I asked you to generate also the standard (full) debug log (item 4b).

But supposing you are no longer able to replicate the crash then the debug log would be useless. Just wonder what was the trick re "have just done what I needed to do to make this stop happening" ?

Re: 'pauses' are more like 4-5 minutes -- this is unexpected, here the debug log (4b) also would show what is the reason for such a long pauses.