Full System Lock (cause unknwon)

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

TheMartyJoy

Full System Lock (cause unknwon)

Post by TheMartyJoy »

I've been having this weird issue with MM5 where it will just lock up my entire system. I'm not sure what is causing it exactly I'm running debugview to try and capture it but I think it only happens when the laptop comes back from a sleep (I use sleep on it nightly). I'll provide any information I can gather but I don't see an .el being generated it just freezes my whole pc. Win 7 64bit

Edit: to add to this, I'm wondering if it has to do with the sound device, long story short sound over HDMI and when the system comes out of sleep there is no guarentee it will auto detect the hdmi link again sometimes I have to power cycle tv and amp and close any apps that were open before the system went to sleep to get windows to see the hdmi audio again. But the rest of my system doesn't care or crash only when I open MM5 it just locks up nothing responds no mouse movement no keyboard presses.
Ludek

Re: Full System Lock (cause unknwon)

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
ideally catch this in a debug log (item 4b here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=86643) and write down the last line before the freeze. Then save the output from the DbgView to a file, upload the file to a free file hosting service (DropBox, RapidShare, FileDropper, MediaFire, ...) and share the link to the file with us (e.g. send me private message with the link or share it here). Or open a ticket with the log attached.

EDIT: or just put the 30 last lines before the freeze here.
TheMartyJoy

Re: Full System Lock (cause unknwon)

Post by TheMartyJoy »

I am trying it's not something that happens all the time, I'm logging to file and file grew to 85 megs so restarting the file to make it a bit easier to work with.

[REMOVED]

Had system freeze for a few seconds but was not related to MM, believed it was until I checked PID in log. Sorry for that, I'm still logging.