Too many bugs in recent beta

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Zonky

Too many bugs in recent beta

Post by Zonky »

Just my 2 ct,

After leaving out some of the previous betas, I just returned and updated to the latest available beta. Honestly. I'm very disappointed because of the many bugs and constant freezes - just uploaded a few logs, btw.

Views, that I've customized myself are not applied when leaving the appropriate window, after pressing OK. I've to switch items in media tree various times and return to the list to see my views being applied at the very end - very frustrating!

My custom layout is not always respected, mostly after restarting my own layout and above mentioned views are set to default ones. I've configured my layout to show just "Art & Details" and "Lyrics" on the right panel. But I see a panel with header "Selected" and below the artwork. Remember I've set up the layout to show "Art & Details" together with "Lyrics".

At the moment I even cannot leave MM5 after I've fetched the lyrics for the song that is actually playing
I'm hearing a music loop that is repeating a part of the sond again and again. I've ended the MM5 process using the task manager but guess what, the loop still continues.
dtsig

Re: Too many bugs in recent beta

Post by dtsig »

Not having problems myself ... maybe just not doing what you are.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
patch

Post by patch »

Agree unstable on Windows 7, might be better on other windows versions.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

patch wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:36 am Agree unstable on Windows 7, might be better on other windows versions.
It is stable here on Windows 7, did you submit crash logs? Or can you elaborate what is the instability for you?

Zonky wrote: My custom layout is not always respected, mostly after restarting my own layout and above mentioned views are set to default ones. I've configured my layout to show just "Art & Details" and "Lyrics" on the right panel. But I see a panel with header "Selected" and below the artwork. Remember I've set up the layout to show "Art & Details" together with "Lyrics".
Just tested and works for me fine here. I tested layouts 'Basic', 'Advanced', 'Side by side' -- so maybe the issue is that you switched to 'Artwork only' layout ??
patch

Post by patch »

Using MM v 5.0.0.2191 but been the same for a long time.

I play music using the List (by album) layout
Music is stored on another windows networked computer.

It behaves as if a configuration file is corrupted. For example:
  1. When I quit MM5 it and restart it does not continue playing from where it was up to, typically starting again from one of the early tracks in the play now list (which typically has about 10 albums of music in it).
  2. If I choose a different play list it shows an apparently random sort order.
    • Hovering over the the column titles shows "Current sort order is: 1. # ascending".
    • A circumflex is displayed after the # column label.
    • The tracks below are NOT sorted by playlist number.
    • Clicking in the shuffle button sometimes also actually sorts the panel in playlist number order, other times a manual sort is required to forced "List (by album)" display to sort (by clinking on the "#" heading).
    • View -> Manage views -> List (by Album) double click -> hover over column: shows "Current sort order is: 1. Album Artist ascending 2. Album ascending 3. Disc # ascending 4. Track # ascending 5. Title ascending. But this sort order is not used by the "List (by album)" display and selecting "Reset sort order" does not restore it.
  3. It crashes about 50% or the time when quitting Media Monkey often crashing again when sending log (which I have done many times, the most recent log ID D3BA8314 - the second crash on quitting)
Last edited by patch on Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Playlists are always sort by play # and even you can change sort order, you need to 'save' sort to make change persistent (using 'save new order' button in toolbar ... button should be visible when you change sort order of the playlist).
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
patch

Post by patch »

PetrCBR wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:41 am using 'save new order' button in toolbar ...
Hadn't realised there was such a button.
... As described above, column heading hover shows "Sorted by 1. # ascending" but actually sorted in some other order.
So tried
Selecting sort order "1. Album artist 2. Album 3. #"
Click on save sort order -> save button disappears and maintains sort order specified.
On the left hand panel click on a different play list -> another sot order
Go back to original playlist, now hover shows "Sorted by 1. # ascending" and displayed list is (so better but not the sort order just specified).
Quit MM5 and restart, still hover shows "Sorted by 1. # ascending" but now sorted by some other order.

So not really working in and intuitive fashion for me.
patch

Post by patch »

Updated to latest MM5 v5.0.0.2194 Beta. Similar to prior
  • Display sorts in relatively random order on first display
  • Choosing another play list then returning results in sort by # (show in title and actually done)
  • Setting a different sort order can be done but is not remembered when return to same or different play list
  • Crash on quit (CF238314 sent by internet then again CF238314 also sent)
patch

Post by patch »

More testing with current version. It appears
  • Sort order in List or List(by album) view is not remembered
  • Shuffle status is not shown (by dimming icon at top of view)
  • In List(by album) view when shuffle is on the display is initially shown in shuffle order
  • Repeated clicking on the shuffle button later shows the display in "#" order with or without shuffle activated.
It is not clear what the development team actually wants the shuffle button to do in List(by album) shuffle.

Edit
Initial sort order gets itself confused with further use.
If use for awhile MM5 gets confused and crashes on quitting, most recent (Log ID 2372DCC1)
patch

Post by patch »

MediaMonkey v5.0.0.2206 Beta is working better for me.
  1. In playlist viewed by "List (by album)", clicking or option clicking on the column headings results in an immediate sort with the multi-column sort showing if hover over the headings (as occurred in the past).
  2. However now clicking the save icon (disk image) the "#" column is re-written to correspond to the current sort order (which has not occurred in the past for me).
  3. When returning to the playlist, it is displayed by "#" however this is now showing the same results as the saved sort order.
Also when restarting MediaMonkey it now starts from the last track played instead of always returning to the same track.

So overall a signifiant step forwards (all prior versions have not achieved this functionality).