Maintaining smaller mobile library

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

SpaceModulator

Maintaining smaller mobile library

Post by SpaceModulator »

I've got a main music dir which is about a terabyte, being looked after by MMW gold. I'm looking for the best way to have a handpicked 100-150gb of it syncing to MMA pro?

Previous to getting MMW/MMA I had been just dragging and dropping from windows and doing any flac conversion manually, which obviously gives you to separate libraries full of duplicates and converted files that don't share things like ratings.

EDIT: I consciously made an effort to not ramble on and fill the post up with stuff nobody needs or wants to here, so I might have gone too far in the other direction. I suppose what I'm hoping for is like a header or node in MMW that umbrellas everything I have synced on the phone. Something I can make changes to, add to and subtract from but not be isolated from the main music directory.
Lowlander

Re: Maintaining smaller mobile library

Post by Lowlander »

You'd set up 1 or multiple Playlists in MMW that contain the files you'd want on your device. Then you'd do a sync which can sync the Playlists and do Auto-Conversion on-the-fly: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... oid_device
SpaceModulator

Post by SpaceModulator »

I thought I had it cracked before I made the post and had created a playlist called Mobile and then started sending the tracks to it, the autoconversion was going great as well. The problem I ran into there was that when I deleted something on the phone, whenever I synced it put it back. I would like to be able to send new music to the phone, be able to decide I don't want it and remove it as I was listening to it, then sync it up with MMW later on. I assumed I was going about it the wrong way and thought there must be another.

Could I make changes to the playlist on MMA that would wifi sync with MMW?
SpaceModulator

Post by SpaceModulator »

I've gone back to the playlist method and everything is going great. Till I try and modify the playlist from the MMA end. I hit the three dots on the player screen, tap Delete, then I can Remove from now playing, Remove from now playing and selected playlists, or Delete from device.

Remove from now playing doesn't do it. Remove from now playing and selected playlists, with the only playlist being the "Mobile" playlist that is set to sync from MMW, does remove it from the playlist, it doesn't delete it and when I sync over wifi, it gets put back in the playlist. Delete from device ends up the same way.

I'm sure I am missing something obvious.
SpaceModulator

Post by SpaceModulator »

I've made some "progress".

From the player screen, selecting delete from now playing and selected playlists appears to do both. Wifi sync just adds the track back.

If you go into Playlists from the main MMA screen, select the playlist then select a track, it deletes it and during wifi sync, consistently updates the playlist on the server.

I had thought I was missing something but it looks like I'm not and it's just not working as intended?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Have you confirmed that the file was removed from the Playlist in MMA before syncing when deleting from the Now Playing?
SpaceModulator

Post by SpaceModulator »

I've done it with a good handful of tracks from various albums now. Deleting from now playing and selected playlist, on the player screen, does delete it from now playing and the playlist when I check it in 'Playlists' on the main MMA screen, it's gone. Wifi sync just puts it or them back.

Anything deleted from within 'Playlists', including songs previously deleted and returned during sync, updates from MMA to MMW as expected and the songs stay gone.
SpaceModulator

Post by SpaceModulator »

For the sake of curiosity, I tried it out on another phone, an xperia xz1, and the problem is the same.

I was trying to think of any other relevant information but all I've come up with is that my MMW is portable, if that matters.
SpaceModulator

Post by SpaceModulator »

I made a video to see if it sheds any light on things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0o4JECu8Uo
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Are you using latest Beta MMA version (you can apply to become tester from MMA About MediaMonkey dialog)?

Also I am still unable to replicate using latest MMA 866 Beta version.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
SpaceModulator

Post by SpaceModulator »

version 1.3.5.0866

I suppose there being nothing that can be done about it is actually better than there being something that nobody can figure out. I could always go through the clean install thing again and see how it goes.

I could use the rating system to get around it. Rate anything I want to delete as low as possible to indicate removal from the playlist in MMW after the metadata is synced. Which will do the job and I think if I hadn't paid for pro and lifetime gold, I wouldn't be as worried about fixing it and I would just deal with it.

If I can come up with anything new and/or hopefully relevant I'll post about it. Who knows maybe this will right itself in a future update.

Are there any imminent updates? I'm of course not expecting anything like a concrete date, something in or around the ballpark would be nice.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Can you attach a screenshot from the Device Profile Auto-Sync (--> Library) window in MMW? Is the Playlist an AutoPlaylist in MMW, in that case this won't work.

Is the system time on your PC and phone in sync?
SpaceModulator

Post by SpaceModulator »

Sorry for the late reply.

Here is a screenshot. Time on all three devices is in sync. MMW and MMA on two phones. Edit: I forgot to mention, any playlists I have synced between devices are manually created.

https://imgur.com/a/QrDodZh
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I tested yesterday, and could not replicate.

Can you pease opene support ticket so that we can go into more details?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
SpaceModulator

Post by SpaceModulator »

Sorry again about the late reply. I've been kind of busy but I'll get on that. Thanks for all the time so far.