Importing folders of music into the Library?

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

mikehende

Importing folders of music into the Library?

Post by mikehende »

Hey guys, I have the MM Pro App on my Android. I just imported a few folders of music into the Android's Music Folder. In MM I am seeing Library and Files as the 2 options.

I had 3 folders of music in the Library and wish to clear it but not seeing an option to do so?

After that I would like to import all of the newly imported folders in the Android's Music folder into the library then I would like to scan or analyze the entire library so I can use the search function.

How can I get the above done please? Navigating the App version seems to be a little different from the Windows version to me, help?
Lowlander

Re: Importing folders of music into the Library?

Post by Lowlander »

In Options Choose Library Folder determines what is in and not in the MMA Library.
mikehende

Post by mikehende »

In Options I select the Android's Music folder but in MM's Folder Options the Library is still showing only the 3 music folders which was in there and not any of the Android's Music folders?
Last edited by mikehende on Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Do you mean Folders on the homescreen in MMA? That should show everything on your device as it bypasses the MMA Library.
mikehende

Post by mikehende »

Yes, from the MM Home screen I select Folders then see the screen with Libray on top and FILES-Internal Shared Storage under it.

Ohh wait, the Library now shows all of the imported folders. Also I can search for any tune.

All I think I would need to know now is when I have a folder of music playing and wish to search for and set a tune from another folder to play next, how can I do so please so when the searched tune is finished the folder of music continues to play?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Long press on a file and select Play Next from the bottom. This inserts it next in the Now Playing while leaving existing files there.
mikehende

Post by mikehende »

O'm probable doing something wrong. With a folder playing I search and long press the searched tune then I see a few icons underneath. I tried the 4 on the left with the 3 bars and each one showed the tune added to the now playing I think but when I advance the playing tune to hear the next track the next tune doesn't play.

Can you tell me which of the 4 icons to the left will play the tune which is set as next?

I am also having trouble getting the crossfade or gapless playback to work.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Second from the left should be Play Next.
mikehende

Post by mikehende »

Not working. Also gapless playback or crossfade not working.
mikehende

Post by mikehende »

The crossfade seems to be working fine now but anything I can do for the play next to work?