MMA sync tag edits back to pc?

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

m3110w

MMA sync tag edits back to pc?

Post by m3110w »

I'm using MM Gold (luv it!) on my Windows 10 pc. I'm thinking of installing MM Android on my android phone and syncing some of my music files. If I use MMA to edit the ID3 tags (genre, artist, album, etc) of files on my android, I'm assuming those edits get automatically written to the files on my pc when I connect and do a sync? This true? Thx,
Lowlander

Re: MMA sync tag edits back to pc?

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, MMA can't write tags on the device (yet), but changes can be synced back to the PC and then MMW can write the tags to the files.
m3110w

Post by m3110w »

So I can use another Android app to edit ID3 tag data on my mp3 files, and those changes will get synced back to my pc when I sync with MMA?

(assume that I'm editing the tags of mp3 files that are ''under control'' of the MMA app on my Android phone)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can edit them in MMA and the changes will be synced back. If you use another App it would depend on MMA seeing the changes made by that App. Then it may or may not work, I haven't tried this.

In other words I'd use MMA and do regular syncs. With MMA 2.0 it should improve to where the changes are also saved to the files on the device themselves.
m3110w

Post by m3110w »

OK, lets see if I understand.

* I can use MMA to edit the mp3 tags on my android.
* With the current version of MMA, those changes are not permanent. The tags on the android file will revert back to what they were when I do a sync from android to my pc.
* However, the tags on my pc will get permanently changed after I do a sync from android to pc.
* Then, when I sync from pc to android, those changes will (finally) get saved on my android.
* MMA 2.0 *may* allow me to make permanent changes to tags on my android, and those changes will get synced back to my pc. Thus MMA 2.0 *may* eliminate the need to do 2 syncs (both directions) to finally get the tag changes to my android files.

This correct?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

m3110w wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:47 amThe tags on the android file will revert back to what they were when I do a sync from android to my pc.
Sync will sync changes from MMA to MMW (Library and files) and then back to MMA (Library and files).

MMA 2.0 would allow other Apps on the phone to see the changes once they're made and not depend on sync to update the files themselves.
m3110w

Post by m3110w »

OK, thanks. So the sync needs to go in both directions (MMA to MMW and then MMW to MMA) before all the tag changes are finalized and made permanent on android and pc.

This correct?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, that should be a single sync.
m3110w

Post by m3110w »

OK, thanks! Being able to edit tags on my android and sync those edits is an important feature for me. Thanks for the info.