Select Tracks

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

romanellil

Select Tracks

Post by romanellil » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:07 am

Hi,
when I first started using MM through Android Auto I was able to select songs by selecting the Tracks button. Now, if I select "Tracks", I get two options Play and Play (Shuffle). I am not sure what the first options does but I guess the second simple shuffles the tracklist.
I would like to be able to select Tracks, again. I tried selecting the Artists and that works (select by letter).
Thanks

Lowlander

Re: Select Tracks

Post by Lowlander » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:53 am

Long press on a file to be able to select individual files. More Play options will be available at the bottom of the screen when in file selection mode.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

romanellil

Post by romanellil » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:27 am

I may have used the wrong words to explain the problem. I do not need to select individual files, but I want to able to choose a specific song from the "Tracks" function. This is not possible now, I only get the two options Play and Play(shuffle) instead of being able to select a letter to find a song. For example typing 'C' to get "Cats in the Cradle", "Communication Breakdown", etc.

As I said, this search mode works for Artists but not for Tracks.

Thanks

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:37 am

I don't follow. Scrolling shows letters, and Search finds matching Titles. Type to scroll in Search doesn't work in Artists either here, nor would I expect it to and I see no way to type to scroll using any other method.

romanellil

Post by romanellil » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:15 pm

Probably screenshots would explain it better but probably I cannot attach images in this forum.
In Android Auto this is what I see

MediaMonkey

Tracks >
Genres >
Artists>
Albums>

All options brings me to a page where I can search by letter. All except for Tracks. Why?

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:33 pm

Do you mean when you scroll you see the letter you're at pop-up? It's shown for Tracks for me.

https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/ind ... orum-posts

romanellil

Post by romanellil » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:13 pm

I figured it out. In Options->General->Limit list size for external apps was set to 0.