MP3 Files "Chirp" During Playback, Only When Casting Over Wifi

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

g9ujab

MP3 Files "Chirp" During Playback, Only When Casting Over Wifi

Post by g9ujab »

MP3 files "chirp", constantly, during playback, only when casting over Wifi to my Grace Digital Primo device. This does not occur when streaming MP3s via Bluetooth. It also does not occur streaming over Wifi for WMA files. Only occurs for Wifi casting of MP3 files to the Grace Digital Primo.
Peke

Re: MP3 Files "Chirp" During Playback, Only When Casting Over Wifi

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I really nice device, lots of features https://gracedigital.com/shop/primo/ . It is interesting that WMA do not but MP3 chirp.

As you use MMA where other aspects can influence the results, it would be interesting if you can try the same thing but using MediaMonkey 5 on Windows https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 86639&sd=d You can simply install MM5 as portable that would not influence your current MMW install and try to Cast to Grace Digital Primo (Right click on MM5 Player -> Play To -> Grace Digital Primo) and see if there are any chirps.

Additionally, I wonder have you tried any lossless formats like FLAC?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
g9ujab

Post by g9ujab »

Hi Peke,

I am able to play MP3s from MM Windows without any trouble. Note: I don't own MM Gold for Windows, so, as I understand it, I cannot cast to the Grace Digital Primo. However, using the Primo's interface, I am able to retrieve MP3 recordings from the Windows server, and they don't "chirp."

I don't own any FLAC files, so I can't test these. I hope this information is helpful to debugging the issue from Android. Please let me know if you have additional questions.
g9ujab

Post by g9ujab »

Hi Pavle,

I see now that I misunderstood your instructions for casting from Windows. I'll install MM5 Windows shortly and let you know what I find.

Regards,

Jambo
g9ujab

Post by g9ujab »

Hi Pavle,

OK, I've installed MM5 for Windows. I can cast MP3s to the Grace Digital Primo, without the "chirping". The recordings sound fine. I note that the Windows version of MM5 plays only a few seconds of each MP3 I cast before skipping to the next. Could this be because I have not purchased the "Gold" version for Windows?

Best Regards
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Skip should not happen. We do not cripple out functions in order to make you buy GOLD unless it is clearly stated that function is GOLD only.

Please open support ticket and create us debug log as described here https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... ?f=21&t=69 so that we can analyze it as it happened on few devices due and it was fixed. I suspect that "chirping" have something to do with lost packets.
Best regards,
Peke
rekkard

Post by rekkard »

Hi. I have the same chirping issue on wifi Casting.
Log ID: 5KYHVKYNT1

Using latest mma beta build on oneplus 3.
No chirp on windows mm 5 beta.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I tested for an hour of casting to Nexus Player and it worked flawlessly. Nexus have 72MBit connection and Moto X4 had 142Mbit. Played FLAC, MP3, M4A, ALAC, WAV, MP4/MKV (x264 and x265) no issues at all.
Best regards,
Peke
g9ujab

Post by g9ujab »

Sounds like it's a device-specific problem. My Grace Digital Primo is older and is no longer manufactured by the company. Odd, though that MP3s seem to work just fine casting from MM5 for windows, but not when cast from Android. There must be some difference between the bit streams sent by the two servers. No?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
There are many different factors influencing streaming. Device connection, shared bandwidth, Chromecast version on both Primo and phone, quality of stream,...

After you observe problems you can use MMA ⋮ -> About MediaMonkey -> Send logs (write down LOG ID here) to send us MMA log to see what is going on.
Best regards,
Peke
g9ujab

Post by g9ujab »

Hi Pavle,

I will be away from home until the end of next week. I'll follow your directions when I return. Thanks for keeping on top of this.

Regards,