No album art diplayed

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Nileblue

No album art diplayed

Post by Nileblue »

I cannot get album art displayed on MMA. The art is displayed in other android music apps and on MM5 on windows. MMA is not synced with windows and music is on an SD card on the phone. I have reinstalled with no effect. Lyrics displays. Previous setup was music on NAS (no lyrics) but now copied it to 128gb sd card so can get lyrics. I have not clicked lookup missing art on playback as do not want to corrupt music database.

Thanks
Peke

Re: No album art diplayed

Post by Peke »

Hi,
it looks like Google Media Scanner (we depend on for MMA 1.x) is not extracting and serving Album Arts for MMA and thus they are empty.

For MMA 2.x we are developing our own Tag scanner that should support (we hope as our goal) to read all tags like MM5.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Nileblue

Post by Nileblue »

Thanks. Any idea where and what is Google Media Scanner ? I cannot find any links to it and similar apps in app store do not sound so good.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Google Media Scanner is Android OS build in scanner that that tells other apps information on files and handles SDCard insert/eject notifications, ... eg. I can almost say it is in kernel.
Best regards,
Peke
MariaJones80

Post by MariaJones80 »

I guys, I've got new Samsung android but can't get album art diplayed :(
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
How did you transferred your media to new phone?
Best regards,
Peke
fishnet37222

Post by fishnet37222 »

Hello,

My device just updated to Android 10 the other day and now MediaMonkey for Android doesn't display album art for newly added songs. I add the music to the device plugging it into my computer and copying the files using Windows Explorer since that takes less time than using MediaMonkey for Windows to sync it. Any music that was in the library prior to the OS upgrade displays artwork without any issues.

As a test, I copied some music to the device using MediaMonkey for Windows and the images showed as expected.
Dave F.
IvanP

Album art disappeared.

Post by IvanP »

* On my old mobile LG-G3 I had music/mp3 on SD card, Album Art worked OK (MM 1.3.4.0854).
* Now I have new Samsung S10 (Android 10), I copied all applications from old to new phone (using Smart Switch application), moved SD to new phone, added SD library to MM, and again Album Art worked OK.
* However, I decided to move all music/mp3 from SD into internal memory, and now I am not able to convince MM to show album art again:
- after moving data from SD to internal memory and reindexing there is no album art in MM (except for few files that already were in internal memory since the beginning)
- I uninstalled MM and installed again from Google Play (MM 1.3.6.0887), but now there is no album art (even not for few files that worked in previsou step)
- I uninstalled MM again and installed original MM 1.3.4.0854 version from old phone - still no album art
- note that Google Play Music application shows album art correctly

Any advice? I guess I must clear some cache, but I can't find it...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Do the files have embedded Artwork or did you copy the Artworks along with the music files? Using File Explorer you're relying on Android Media Scanner to find the files and read their tags, whereas if you sync from MMW it will update MMA directly.
fishnet37222

Post by fishnet37222 »

I use embedded artwork. I prefer to have just music files in my music folder on my PC.
Dave F.