[Solved] Choose Library Folders keeps resetting [#16149]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

MusicKing

Re: [Solved] Choose Library Folders keeps resetting [#16149]

Post by MusicKing »

Lowlander wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:28 pm Are you having Albums with the same name? As you're using the Mask for <Album> for the filename all Albums like Greatest Hits would overwrite each other.
No albums with the same name. I don't understand your second question, where can I find this Mask? Under which option?
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

MusicKing wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:48 am
Lowlander wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:28 pm Are you having Albums with the same name? As you're using the Mask for <Album> for the filename all Albums like Greatest Hits would overwrite each other.
No albums with the same name. I don't understand your second question, where can I find this Mask? Under which option?
The mask is the following in your example:

\MediaMonkey\Album_art\<Album>.jpg

What Lowlander means is that if any albums in your collection have the same name (e.g. 'The Black Album' by Metallica and also by Jay-Z, or 'Greatest Hits' by pretty much anyone!) then one will overwrite the other. To solve it you'd just need to add something to your mask like :

\MediaMonkey\Album_art\<Album Artist> - <Album>.jpg or
\MediaMonkey\Album_art\<Album Artist>\<Album>.jpg

(I think these are correct - I'm no expert with masks!)

So that the filenames would be written separately as "Jay-Z - The Black Album.jpg" and "Metallica - The Black Album.jpg"

But I don't think this is related to my original issue anyway because I've unticked "Sync all Artwork to file folders". My phone seems to handle jpgs that are embedded within the mp3 tags OK.
MusicKing

Post by MusicKing »

Thanks for your reply, I will try that. But I've still got a couple of questions:

1) So when do you use "Sync all Artwork to file folders" anyway then?

2) Why can't we insert pictures in the forum, just hotlinks? Other forums DO have this feature, which makes problem solving much easier

3) Where is the MediaMonkey complete manual the developers where talking about? No I'm not talking about the Help files on the internet, I'm talking about a fully written manual, in which every detail of MM is explained and how to set it up properly. Because if I look at all the hundreds and hundreds of questions and problems here on this forum, the users could really use such manual!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) If you want to force Artwork to be synced as external files (instead of embedded in the media file).

2) https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/ind ... orum-posts (disabled for new users to prevent spam)