Syncing to SD Card

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Clevelandkid

Syncing to SD Card

Post by Clevelandkid »

Sorry if this has been covered, but my last attempt of putting my Music Library over to an SD card was disastrous.
I am getting a Galaxy S10 Plus and want to know the correct way of syncing my Library to the SD card.

I've been told that "copying" the files to the SD card is incorrect and they should be "moved" rather than "copied" .
Which may be why my music File count on my current phone is now two times what is was, and I am not sure why as I tried to delete the files from the "internal" memory.
And going forward, how will I do subsequent syncs as I add more song files ?

Thanks, CK
Lowlander

Re: Syncing to SD Card

Post by Lowlander »

Easiest is to sync instead of copy: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... oid_device

Move is a bad idea unless you don't want to keep the files on your PC.
Clevelandkid

Post by Clevelandkid »

Thanks for the reply,
A few questions.

So I should first download MediaMonkey for Android Software to the new device and then do a Sync from my Windows Desktop version to the Android Device ?

If I want to put the download into the SD card rather than the Internal Memory of the Phone, it will ask me where to put it before it downloads ?

I want to be sure it downloads to the SD card in the phone.

So, can I assume that subsequent Syncs in the future will then automatically go into the SD Card ?

Regards, CK
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, install MediaMonkey for Android first, MediaMonkey for Windows updates it directly.

You'll have 2 Device Profiles, one will be for the SD (external) and so set that one up for syncing.
Clevelandkid

Post by Clevelandkid »

After successfully syncing to my phone, tapping on the Media Monkey icon, a screen appears stating that "MM needs access to the SD card in order to sync or edit media content."
Do you create a "New Folder" located on the SD card ?

My music files are already on my phone and I can play them , but still get the instructions ( above) every time I tap on the MM icon.

Thanks, CK