MMA Album Art not showing (new issue)

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

JLFitzpatrick

Re: MMA Album Art not showing (new issue) [#16447]

Post by JLFitzpatrick »

Peke wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:31 pm Hi,
It is very possible that after Upgrade Samsung changed paths to cached Album arts and it needs to be reset.

Check Both internal and SD card MediaMonkey/Files folder and see if album arts are there?
For me I copy & paste music via USB Cable onto a microSD Card in an organized folder that is set in MMA as the only folder to use for media with all tracks tagged via Mp3 Tag on a PC Laptop including downloaded Album Art. I have always been able to see this Album Art in ES File Explorer for recently added music as an icon and in every OTHER media player on my Note 9 after Android 10 Beta and now while on the full released version of Android 10. I just can no longer see Album Art on recently added media in MMA which still leads me to believe this is an MMA issue following the release of Android 10 that has not been addressed.
Peke

Re: MMA Album Art not showing (new issue)

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Are you saying that you do not use MMW or MMA (WiFi Sync) To copy tracks to SDCard?

If That is the case then it is on Google Media Scanner to supply Album art not MMW, Only way to ensure that Album art which GPM do not supply is to Sync with MMW/MMA or enable Auto Album art lookup in MMA under ⋮ -> Options.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
That means GPM never extracted Album art from files and in order to get them back you need to sync using MMW over USB or initiate WiFi Sync from MMA.
Best regards,
Peke
JLFitzpatrick

Post by JLFitzpatrick »

As described I don't sync, prefer to manually control what I put on device and Album Art is embedded tag in file visible in everything from file viewers to every other media player I've tried. It's okay MMA has a bug and won't display, but it is an issue with MMA likely since Android 10 and would be great it if gets fixed. Added more media today and issue persists, never did before likely Android 10.
Peke wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:23 pm Hi,
That means GPM never extracted Album art from files and in order to get them back you need to sync using MMW over USB or initiate WiFi Sync from MMA.
Peke wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:32 pm Hi,
Are you saying that you do not use MMW or MMA (WiFi Sync) To copy tracks to SDCard?

If That is the case then it is on Google Media Scanner to supply Album art not MMW, Only way to ensure that Album art which GPM do not supply is to Sync with MMW/MMA or enable Auto Album art lookup in MMA under ⋮ -> Options.
nishu.roxz

Post by nishu.roxz »

Hi Pavle,

Android 10 user here on 1.3.7 MMA
I noticed the missing album art as well.
They were working fine earlier. Same songs have album art in Google Play music / Other media players except MMA.
I can see the album art in Windows media player and MMW on PC.

I edited the Tag and put the album art for most of the songs. But they're not displayed on MMA on Android 10.
GangstaRapBrasil

BUG M.M Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Android Q

Post by GangstaRapBrasil »

hello, i use mediamonkey android for many years, i updated my device to android 10, try everything, the installation is clean, delete the mm folders and clear the cache without success, the problem is that the app does not display my albumart covers mp3 tags. on android 9 the problem did not occur, i wait for a fix i already use the latest beta version available, in the latest stable version the bug also occurs, i have already tested on 2 different devices xiaomi pocophone f1 run latest android 10.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Looks like it is only observed in Android 10. MMA 2.0 will not have this issue as it is planned to have own tag reader, so it will be capable to check tags on its own to extract Album art.

As MM 2.0 is not yet available, we are working and debating on the best short term approach till MMA2 gets ready and available to public.

Please be patient it is documented in https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16447
Best regards,
Peke
flavionoschese

Album arts missed in mobile MediaMonkey

Post by flavionoschese »

Hi guys, I'm having a problem I've never had before.
I use MediaMonkey from many years and from many cell (Htc One M8, etc).
Well, I bought a Huawei Mate 20 Pro and made the music sync from my PC with MediaMonkey (as always).
Then, I've installed MediaMonkey in the mobile; I found almost everything there as playlists, etc, but the album arts were missed (all of them). I didn't understand what happened, but when I open the Music app from Huawei, the albuns art were there (to tell the truth, it didn't find the playlists - crapp)!@#$ So I installed Play Music app from Google. It was a surprise as Play Music found everything as album arts, playlists etc. Everething was there !@#$
As I think you have the best music tool I've seen in many, many years I am writing to you to share this odd experience in these Huawei phone.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi
If Mate 20 have Android 10. After you Sync With MM USB/WiFi? Send us debug log when Circle disappear ⋮ -> About MediaMonkey -> Send logs and write log ID here.
Best regards,
Peke
a1i.c

album covers

Post by a1i.c »

I can only have the pictures for the albums if the pictures are actually on the phone itself. I have, on my MediaMonkey for windows attached all the pictures to the tag, but they don't appear in the adroid version. The album cover pictures appear just fine on the Samsung Music app.

I am running MM4 (most up to date version) and MM for android (most up to date version), My phone is a Samsung S10, which is android version 10.
Peke

Re: album covers

Post by Peke »

Hi,
There are some changes that are made in Android 10 so that Album art is not shown (most reports are exactly from Samsung Sxx devices. We are working on the solution, but it is not easy as it looks and we thought.

Workaround is to use WiFi Sync after USB Sync as it will update Album Art
Best regards,
Peke
mfuccillo

Album art not showing

Post by mfuccillo »

Have used MMA for years and love it.
mp3s have album art tagged within file.
Recent additions to SD card do not show art.
File shows art in windows, in file manager on phone, and when played on google, but not on MMA, even after checking for new updated media.
Even tried adding jpg to folder, and setting to search for album art.
Never had this problem before when adding new music.

Appreciate any help.
Gray Beard

Re: album covers

Post by Gray Beard »

Peke wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:54 am Hi,
There are some changes that are made in Android 10 so that Album art is not shown (most reports are exactly from Samsung Sxx devices. We are working on the solution, but it is not easy as it looks and we thought.

Workaround is to use WiFi Sync after USB Sync as it will update Album Art
I have a similar issue that may be related to Android 10. Out of 600+ albums, I have 7 or 8 that don't display art for the albums although they do display art for the individual tracks. I used MMW to make sure all the affected albums contained art in each track and re-sync'd, but with no difference in behavior. This problem only occurs with MMA on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ running Android 10. The same version of MMA on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e running Android 9 displays all album art as expected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Thing I have done for my daughter Phone is to change Music path in profile options to "\Music\<Title>\<Artist> - <Title>" and after that all tracks had its own album art and those that were missing Album art newly found is correctly assigned.
Best regards,
Peke
Wiggler14

Post by Wiggler14 »

Peke wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:45 pm change Music path in profile options to "\Music\<Title>\<Artist> - <Title>"
How do you accomplish this in the Android app?
v1.3.7.0906

Thanks