MMA Album Art not showing (new issue)

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Re: MMA Album Art not showing (new issue)

Post by Lowlander »

This would be done in the Device Profile in MMW and not in MMA.
therapy80301

Post by therapy80301 »

FWIW, I am having the same problems with Android 10. Other media players can display my artwork synced with MMA, but MMA cannot show artwork whether using wi-fi sync or USB.
Jaqi

Post by Jaqi »

I have this issue on a laptop, mostly with films and TV shows, music videos (mostly, all *video*). It happened only after upgrading to MM5 which I put ff as long as possible since I hate change - and this precisely, is one of the reasons why.

My system should be able to handle the embedded artwork - upgraded, A-grade ASUS and the artwork actually is visible in music/film/video folders as the file thumbnails. I have also set MM to run as High Priority and with high I/O Priority, sooo, any idea why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thx.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you saying that MediaMonkey 5 doesn't show Artwork (you're posting in the MediaMonkey for Android forum), or that the problem is on MediaMonkey for Android too?
DigitalDude

Post by DigitalDude »

I'm having same issue just happened when updating to Android 10 on Samsung Galaxy 9 phone. :x Very frustrating! I've been using Media Monkey since 2004 and love it! I can't use this without the artwork showing up, that's half the enjoyment of my music, is the artwork! You guys have to find a fix, this is insane! In the meantime I've downloaded a highly rated music app from the Google Play store and am now this different music app because MM doesn't work correctly. Music plays but Artwork is blank. I've read through this whole thread but nothing fixes it. I've tried even loading and unloading the app, changing directories, etc. I might even take out my sd card and put back in the phone to see if that sparks a reunion to both. Fix Please and post solution here. Help! I want my old MM back, I miss using it in my car and looking at the artwork through Android Auto too, but can't see artwork now :(
dchamb

Post by dchamb »

Has something changed in MMA to cause album art to start appearing again? I have version 1.4.3.0950
dchamb

Post by dchamb »

Following up with more details:

Album art started appearing on my Android but only for those tracks recently added to the library. To be clear I am not syncing my MMA with MMW, nor am I transferring mp3 files via a USB connection between my Android and PC. I am physically removing the microSD card containing my music library from the Android and inserting it into a flash drive that accepts microSD cards, and then inserting that into the desktop's USB. I am doing a simple file copy from one folder to the other.

I also use mp3tag version 3.10 to embed album art to the mp3 metadata. So something has changed either in MMA or mp3tag so that MMA likes the embedded album art. Any guesses?

Dale
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
MMA still relies on Google Media Scanner to parse most of Metadata (Album art included), so my guess is that Google Patches fixed it and now you get correct reading of AA embed in files.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
stonefree

Post by stonefree »

Hi,

I have just been upgraded to Android 12 on my OnePlus 9, and since that point it has stopped being able to retrieve album art
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Unfortunately Album art retrieval is bit problematic ATM, as API we use gone thru undocumented change and broke Album art search thru our products. Bad thing is taht unlike MM5 on windows each MMA release needs to go thru several check and requirements in order to be shown on Play store (Beta included).

We hope that it will be solved ASAP. Especially as my kids are jumping on my head why there is no "pretty pictures" while playing music in MMA.
Best regards,
Peke
katatonik76

Post by katatonik76 »

Peke wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:23 pm Hi,
Unfortunately Album art retrieval is bit problematic ATM, as API we use gone thru undocumented change and broke Album art search thru our products. Bad thing is taht unlike MM5 on windows each MMA release needs to go thru several check and requirements in order to be shown on Play store (Beta included).

We hope that it will be solved ASAP. Especially as my kids are jumping on my head why there is no "pretty pictures" while playing music in MMA.
hi, can you tell me if the problem will ever be solved? Last night I too found myself resynchronizing my entire collection from MM5 to MMA and right now the album / song covers are all "rambling".
PS: If I open the same files with other apps (for example VLC, from my phone or from android auto) instead I see the covers ALL RIGHT!
thank you
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
This is already fixed in MMA 2.0 (at least in my tests), but I can't give exact release date as there is still some issues needs to be fixed :(
Best regards,
Peke
mikejustis

Post by mikejustis »

Hi, using MM Android version 1.4.3.0950...I am displaying Album art but it isnt for the right songs...for example right now "Cemetery Savior" by Son Volt has Revolver by the Beatles album art showing...any ideas?