[SOLVED] Where are the files

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

yarguy

[SOLVED] Where are the files

Post by yarguy »

I am not a total dunce about computers, but this has me bewildered. New Huawei M5 Lite. Installed MMA (free version until I am sure things work). Not using SD card. Auto-synced some music to the M5. The music is on the M5 because the native music player will play it; I can see the files in Local Storage in the Files app. Cannot find it for MMA. What am I doing wrong?
Lowlander

Re: Where are the files

Post by Lowlander »

Did you install MMA after the sync and did you sync from MMW?

Check if you can see file properties in the native App to see where the files are stored.
yarguy

Post by yarguy »

I may have figured it out. I made the assumption that MMA would play FLAC files, but apparently it doesn't. Hence, it didn't find the FLAC files that it so carefully synced.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
FiiO (?) devices can easily play and sync FLAC files and they are played on MMA. Are you sure that folder with FLAC is fully readable and do not have ".nomedia" file in it? Do MMW see that FLAC Files when browsing device?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
yarguy

Post by yarguy »

The Poweramp app on my Huawei M5 found the files to MMW had synced to it - and did so by simply scanning the M5. MMA reported that the very directory in which Poweramp found the files has no files. Do you need the paid version of MMA to use FLAC files?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
No, Check your M5 File manager and delete .noMedia File if it exists.

Also if you use MMA Folder Browser to play files do you see any files and if not then please use ⋮ -> About MediaMonkey -> Send logs and before sending write down Log ID here so that we can track it.
Best regards,
Peke
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MMA plays formats natively supported by the device. Other players may support additional formats.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Yarguy,

Can you confirm whether the files that you synced were _all_ flac files? Or was there a mix of mp3/ogg/flac files and only the flac files failed to appear/play?

Since the Huawei M5 is a relatively new device, it would surprise me if it didn't include flac support (Android 8 generally includes flac support), so I suspect that the issue may be that:
a) when you initiated the sync operation, MMA hadn't yet been run on the device which would have resulted in a sync in which the MMA database wasn't updated
b) independent of a), for some reason the tracks aren't being scanned

If I'm correct about a), the simplest solution would be to delete the tracks and resync.

-Rusty
yarguy

Post by yarguy »

Here is what I do:

1) Start MMA (free version)
2) Choose Options from the 3 dots menu
3) Choose library folders
4) Press + on Internal Storage
5) Choose > Music > Album > Music> Artist
6) MMA Displays list of folders
7) Choose any of the folders
8) MMA says no files in this folder

If I follow the same steps in 5) using the Files app on the M5 every folder that appears as in 6 has files in it. Some folders have FLAC, some have MP3.

And as I point out in every post, your competitor Poweramp found the files with a simple "Scan for files" step.
yarguy

Post by yarguy »

After deleting everything (all music files, MMA itself) and starting over, I was able to get MMA to find and read the files.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Not that I am not happy it worked itself out, but :( as now most likely we will never find out what triggered such behavior.
Best regards,
Peke
martin.bohac

Re: [SOLVED] Where are the files

Post by martin.bohac »

Hi,
based on info from your Log MX7W973GL1
I can see that your location for sync music files seems to be quite weird.
I guess you modified "File Locations" on MMW side in Options/Portable Device Sync/Device Profile/Options/File Location incorrectly.

Your location for music files is set to "Music/<Album /Music/Artist>...." (on MMW side),
the default value was \Music\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Track#:2> $Left(<Artist>,20) - <Title>,
where values inside brackets are replaced by real values(e.g. album name), but <Album /Music/Artist> is invalid variable and was taken as the folder name.
So your tracks were located to "primary:Music/<Album " folder,
did you know it?

Martin