MMA Sync connection fails following MMA crash

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

CountZeroOr

MMA Sync connection fails following MMA crash

Post by CountZeroOr »

I am running into an issue with syncing MediaMonkey over WiFi. I'm able to synch the software without too many issues. However, at some point, during the day MediaMonkey will crash while casting from the software to my Chromecast while I'm working from home, and after that, the software is no longer able to detect the MediaMonkey Library on my PC and I'm not able to synch.

Currently, the way to fix that is to restart my computer - which I can do (again, I'm WFH) - but it's still rather frustrating to have to possibly restart my computer multiple times a day because I've listened to a few podcasts or new episodes have been downloaded.

EDIT: However, restarting my computer is not a consistent fix.

EDIT^2: Additionally, if I try to do a USB sync, it looks like the software is trying to copy my existing library over, instead of just remove played podcasts and moving over any new unplayed ones, along with new music that has been added to the library, meaning I don't have that option as an alternative.
Lowlander

Re: MMA Sync connection fails following MMA crash

Post by Lowlander »

So, MMA is casting to a Chromecast device and when that fails MMA can no longer detect MMW? Have you tried restarting the device instead of the PC?

Which version of MMA, MMW and Android?
CountZeroOr

Post by CountZeroOr »

Lowlander wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:34 am So, MMA is casting to a Chromecast device and when that fails MMA can no longer detect MMW? Have you tried restarting the device instead of the PC?

Which version of MMA, MMW and Android?
I have tried restarting the device as well - the order of steps I try are 1) Disconnect & Reconnect to WiFi. 2) Restart phone. 3) Restart computer.

Versions are:
MMA: 1.3.8.0194
Android: 8.0.0
MMW: 4.1.28.1905
CountZeroOr

Post by CountZeroOr »

As an additional update, I tried a clean reinstall on my phone, and while I'm now able to sync using USB, I still can't sync over WiFi.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

CountZeroOr

Post by CountZeroOr »

So, it looked like the Bluetooth adapter on my computer was causing MediaMonkey problems - once I manually selected the IP address it appears to work. I'd like to give it another couple days to make sure though.

EDIT: That only seems to have worked *once*. After that it stopped working again. I'd also confirmed I had all the appropriate Firewall rules set up as well.

EDIT^2: Manually adding the IP address for the Media library appears to have fixed it.
CountZeroOr

Post by CountZeroOr »

And the connection failure issue has come back - the media library and media server are not showing up on the cell phone and the manually added sync server isn't connecting either, and I've confirmed the IP address is correct. Disconnecting and reconnecting to WiFi doesn't do it, and neither does restarting the phone or MediaMonkey on the PC.

EDIT: Restarting the computer seems to have fixed it, but I'm not sure why.