[SOLVED] Track path corrupt after move to new PC

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey 5 and learn about the newest builds.

Moderator: Gurus

paulonl

[SOLVED] Track path corrupt after move to new PC

Post by paulonl »

Hi,

I have MM5 2223 installed under Win10 with tracks on a NAS en local partition. I want to move this to a new laptop. Steps are:

Copy all tracks on local partition to new laptop (same path E:\Music)
Install MM5 (2223) Portable
Start MM5
Cancel wizard
add/rescan to add a few files and play
close MM5
Copy original MM5.DB from original system over MM5 in \Mediamonkey\Portable
Start MM5

Everythings seems to be ok, except screen layout that I can easily fix. Also my Gold Membership is not there. I can play files from my NAS but not from my local partition. The drive letter in the path of the tracks is corrupt. If I change that through properties the file will play.

I did a DB rebuild but no luck. Is there a way to fix this or should I use another procedure to move?

Thanks, Paulo
Lowlander

Re: Track path corrupt after move to new PC (2223)

Post by Lowlander »

Right click on the drive in the Location sub-node (ie. Music > Location > drive) and select Media Properties from the Context Menu. Here you can select the Location to set it to the drive in your new PC.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
paulonl

Post by paulonl »

The location subnode doesn't open so I can't see the drive
paulonl

Post by paulonl »

I managed to add a few local tracks through the Folders subnode. Then the Drive appeared in the location subnode.

I switched the Drive letter to C:, gives me the warning to restart, ok, change drive letter back to E:\ (the right location), restart warning again, ok.

I can now only see the newly added tracks in the collection, still not other ones.

I restart MM5 but the paths are still corrupt.

Isn't there a way to fix the path tags as they are just strings, like a shift-replace or so? :o
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Use the 3 vertical dots next to Playing in the Media Tree and enable Show All Subnodes. That should allow you to see the drives in the Location sub-node.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
paulonl

Post by paulonl »

Still no files unfortunately...

But I could already see the drive and I have toggled the drive letter as I described above.
paulonl

Post by paulonl »

Problem solved after I found that the Location subnode on the Entire Library node showed the flawed volume. After setting it through Media Properties all tracks are visible now!