List albums by chronological order

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Re: List albums by chronological order

Post by Lowlander »

Either a USB sync from MM5 or a wifi from MMA sync should work.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:44 am Either a USB sync from MM5 or a wifi from MMA sync should work.
When I click in MMA, Options>Sync Settings> SM-A515F SD Card, I get "Connection Failed". @Pavle got this to work when he was remoting into both my PC and phone. In, MM5, I have "Allow Galaxy A51 - Card to remotely sync with the Monkeymedia Library" checked in the device profile. Auto-sync -> Library has some settings, but I thought these were only necessary if you were going to sync files from phone to PC? ? For example, if you made changes to the phone library and want to sync this back to the PC? What else do I need to do?
EDIT: in MMA, Under Select Sync Server, I selected the only server there: Monkeymedia Library. If you click on this, You can then select SD Card. Sync to this location is checked. What else need to be checked? And, is this the correct thing to do? I am just trying make sure that changes do not happen to music collection on my PC and only on android.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

As you removed MMA, make sure that it links to the correct Device Profile in MMW. So that what you setup in MMW will be used when you use Sync in MMA.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 1:41 pm As you removed MMA, make sure that it links to the correct Device Profile in MMW. So that what you setup in MMW will be used when you use Sync in MMA.
I must have enabled Options>WiFi Sync>Select Server by accident. After the USB sync in MM5 was done and I disconnected, the WiFi sync started up in MMA. Knowing this, I deleted an artist as a test. In MM5, I used "delete other files and playlist from Galaxy A51 - Card: All other media files". In MMA, when U do this, in server settings, "Delete unselected content copies" and "Delete all unselected content" are selected. There must be a connection - the change in MM5 - changing MMA settings?
"Unknown Artist" in MMA. Two artists, one track each, have Unknown Artist, Artist Name, just like that. However, both tracks appear in there respective artist/album also. How do you get rid of this? By hand? One entire Van Morrison album appears here because the artist tag is blank, but it's not found under it's artist name. Ke$ha has a number of tracks here also because of the artist tag = blank. But, in this case, the album is also found in it's artist folder as well. How do to fix this?
Maybe this entire post could be the start of a new thread? I bet other MM users are having the similar issues?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, that's what I explained before. MMA and MMW work on the same Device Profile, so yes, changes in 1 are seen by the other.

Make sure you're files are tagged properly in MMW before you sync them to MMA. So make sure that Artist and Album Artist have the appropriate values for the files in question in MMW. Then a resync should update the tags in MMW as well.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 4:16 pm Yes, that's what I explained before. MMA and MMW work on the same Device Profile, so yes, changes in 1 are seen by the other.

Make sure you're files are tagged properly in MMW before you sync them to MMA. So make sure that Artist and Album Artist have the appropriate values for the files in question in MMW. Then a resync should update the tags in MMW as well.
Will do. There is still some album artwork missing. Example: Ed Sheeran, X, in MM5 has artwork. How do I get it to MMA where it is missing?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Does MMW have the proper Artwork assigned for the Album?
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 5:14 pm Does MMW have the proper Artwork assigned for the Album?
Yes. "X" is the only Ed Sheeran album w/o artwork in MMA.I guess it depends on how you define "Proper"?
TheEmpathicEar

Unknown Artist in MMA / No Album Artist in MM5

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Here is one example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duets:_Re ... _Catalogue, "Van Morrison". In MM5, it appeared normally. In MMA, it was found under "Unknown Artist" and "Van Morrison". In MM5, album artist was blank, so I filled it with "Van Morrison". So, now, in MM5, both artist and album artist are "Van Morrison". I did a WiFi sync from MMA, but this did not change anything. Using Window Explorer, I examined the tags, and saw that album artist was not set despite having made the change in MM5. So, in MM5, I removed this album from the library. Using Explorer, I set album artist to "Van Morrison". In MM5, I did a rescan. And, after a WiFi sync from MMA the album is found in "Van Morrison" only.
Q: Given these details, How could I have solved this using MM5 w/o using Windows Explorer too? Is there something I missed?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Try Ctrl+S (Update Tags) after you edit the Album Artist in MM5, you may not have it set to update tags in the files when editing files (Tools > Options > Tags & Playlists). Then confirm that the tags were actually changed on the files.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:49 pm Try Ctrl+S (Update Tags) after you edit the Album Artist in MM5, you may not have it set to update tags in the files when editing files (Tools > Options > Tags & Playlists). Then confirm that the tags were actually changed on the files.
[This is under the "MediaMonkey for Android" forum. Would it not be better for this question to appear under either the MMW or MM5 forum? I can imagine this being a common question]

I will try to use Ctrl+S (Update Tags) on another album. Missing album artwork in MMA, is there a general process you can follow in MM5 to resolve this?
TheEmpathicEar

Album art exists but not shown in MMA

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

I am using MM5 and MMA Beta. I only have a few albums in MMA missing album art that is in MM5. Ed Sheeran, "X", is the only one of his 4 albums that is missing album art. If I look at any of the four album folders in a file manager, you can see "albumart.jpg" in the folder. In, "X", you can see this is the correct album art. In MMA, you can select any of the tracks in "X", click on the pencil/edit button, and see the album art at the top left. Is there a process to resolve this?
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

@Lowlander
Can you please explain why so many of posts are ending back here? "List albums by chronological order" is no longer relevant to most of the posts that are actually in this thread? Relevance and the fact that it is 7 pages long make it unlikely that any other MM users are going to see these posts? Sometimes a simple explanation is best?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It's a duplicate of an earlier post: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... an#p468878

Try removing the Album in MMA and resyncing, see if that resolves it. As you earlier did a sync without MMA it may have been Android Media Scanner that failed in this case.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:38 pm It's a duplicate of an earlier post: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... an#p468878

Try removing the Album in MMA and resyncing, see if that resolves it. As you earlier did a sync without MMA it may have been Android Media Scanner that failed in this case.
Before I read this, I noticed something different about "X". If I right-click on the other Ed Sheeran albums, choose Properties, click on Artwork, all 5 of the images under that tab are filled. When I did this for "X", the top image was not filled in. I don't know how to change this in MM5. There is "Lookup Image". But, I don't know how to use it. I went back to Foobar and filled in this image. In MM5, I checked to see that all images under Artwork are now filled in. After this, in MM5, remove the album, sync in MMA, rescan in MM5, sync in MMA, and the album art for "X" now appears. Do you have any insight this?