Frustration Sync MMA to MM

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Ravingoofy

Frustration Sync MMA to MM

Post by Ravingoofy »

One day the sync will work and then a few days later I'll go to update my library and now the sync will not connect. Just keeps say Connection Failed!. This is getting frustrating and does anyone have any reasoning why this could be happening?

MMA and MM are both updated and with the current versions.
Lowlander

Re: Frustration Sync MMA to MM

Post by Lowlander »

I assume you mean wifi sync: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/ind ... ork-at-all

Could the phone be connected to a different network than the MMW PC?
tag25

Post by tag25 »

@Ravingoofy, Here's what I did 4 weeks ago (No issues since then) :

- Uninstall MMW and the MMA app.
- Install the latest beta's of MMA and MM5.
- Launch MM5 but wait ... don't "add/rescan files to library..." yet
- Launch MMA (beta) and create the wifi-sync with your MMW
- Launch the sync (while your MMW library is still EMPTY)
- If the sync is OK add/rescan files to library...
- Sync

N.B. after uninstalling MMW I recommend you to remove MediaMonkey5 folder and/or
MediaMonkey folder from ...\AppData\Roaming folder or at least the MM and/or MM5 file in that folder.

Good Luck !
Ravingoofy

Post by Ravingoofy »

This is how I have been getting the SYnc to work, but than after this sync updates. Bam, it don't work again after that. It's the second time i go to update it never connects again.
tag25

Post by tag25 »

Ravingoofy wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:11 pm This is how I have been getting the SYnc to work...
Just making sure...Did you really uninstall everything and install the latest MM5 and MMA beta ?
Ravingoofy

Post by Ravingoofy »

I've actually done it 2 times now with a full deletion on both the device and the PC. Let me tell you it was very heartbreaking both times losing all my playlist and edits. Not to mention uploading 180 Gigs of music back to the device, which I restored to factory setting both times to just make sure it wasn't the device. So yeah in my complete frustration I've done full deletions and reinstalls. Please help.
tag25

Post by tag25 »

@Ravingoofy, When I have time I'll try to think if I have more advise for you dealing with the sync but here's something about Media Monkey playlists.

Sorry for your playlists...I'm also new to MM (so if I'm wrong please someone correct me) but it seems that MM5 beta doesn't have an option to export a playlist to a standard playlist format file (m3u or m3u8).
There's an add-on to export MM playlists but it works only on MM v2.x-4.x (not on MM 5).
http://solair.eunet.rs/~zvezdand/Export ... bNodes.htm

UPDATE - I was wrong... MM 5 DOES have an option to export all playlists to m3u files.
SEE the next post by @Lowlander
Last edited by tag25 on Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There is right click, Send To > M3u/XSPF Playlist to export selected files to a Playlist file and also File > Create Reports > Export All Playlists in MediaMonkey 5.
tag25

Post by tag25 »

@Lowlander, thank you for correcting me (I updated my previous post)
Ravingoofy

Post by Ravingoofy »

It's not just the playlist, but the music when I update it. Currently, right now I'm updating all my album art in MMW so when the album art shows on my FiiO M11 the picture looks good and not blurred. This is due to doing a full rest of everything. I've already lost all my playlist, but the two I recreated till I can get the sync issue fixed. I'm not loosing them everytime. I have over 22k songs in my collection.
tag25

Post by tag25 »

@Ravingoofy, if you don't want more bad "surprises" I advise you to backup your library regularly and especially before big changes.
I use the free SyncToy 2.1 by microsoft for windows.
You set 2 folders and this tool make sure they have exactly the same files.
I recommend to use its ECHO feature not the sync (echo is a "one way" sync)
When you run it regularly It looks for changes from the last time it run (file modifications, new files, renames, deletes) and doesn't copy files which haven't been changed since last time.

Update:
N.B. - if you run SynToy I advise you to run a tool which keeps your computer from locking up or falling asleep . I use a free tool called Caffeine.