How to delete Track Volume values?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Mark S

Re: How to delete Track Volume values?

Post by Mark S »

Sorry to bring this up again. I just can't work out volume levelling so I have turned off everything in MM. Clear (using the script previously mentioned) the Track Volume fields.

I then used MP3Gain to increase volume of an album's tracks by 3db. I then see that MM added values between -1.1 and -4.5 to these tracks. Can I stop this? I just want to be able to adjust volumes outside of MM but have MM ignore whatever I do.

Regards, Mark
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Hi Mark.

I am not exactly sure of what you are asking.

Download mp3tag and browse to a file.
Browse to a folder that has some of your audio tracks, right click and select "Extended Tags".
You should see the Replay Gain tags in there.
You can delete them from there, if that is the question you are asking.

The advantage of Mp3tag over other taggers is that it can display all tags, standard and non-standard instead of defined program tags.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Do you have the option to auto-analyze for unknown volume enabled or perhaps the tags were written by MP3Gain.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
PLease note that MM5 also read/write all the standard and non standard tags, which you can view/edit in file properties (under custom tab).
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Mr Fresco

Post by Mr Fresco »

Hi, hoping someone can help me with this volume issue:
I'm a guitarist using backing tracks through an mp3 player - I have leveled the volume using mp3gain, and they were working well. Somehow, with a few tracks, I seem to have leveled the volume within the actual track eg quiet fade ins are now same volume as rest of track? I've deleted these tracks from laptop, and imported fresh copies (which play perfectly well on another computer!!) and the same volume issue appears when I play the track - same in iTunes as well as MM? Is it a problem with settings in MM? What am I missing? Would appreciate any help - Regards
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you delete them from MediaMonkey and PC, then replace them with a new unlevelled copy, or just delete and replace them on the PC?
Mr Fresco

Post by Mr Fresco »

Hi, I've replaced them with unlevelled copies from an external source, which show no signs of volume issues on other devices. Cheers
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

As you didn't remove them from the Library they still have the values in the database. Remove them from the Library and rescan them into the Library.
Mr Fresco

Post by Mr Fresco »

I'm not sure I understand - I've deleted them from MM library, then deleted all trace of them from music folders on my laptop, then added a folder from a hard drive with tracks that are fine, re scanned these into the library, and still have this issue??
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Ah, you said replace so it didn't sound like you had removed them from MediaMonkey. What's confusing here is that you say iTunes also has this issue, indicating it is something with the files.
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

@Lowlander: correctly?

A quick note: If the music file has not been re-encoded,
you can enter -99999 in the "Track Volume" field.

OR Addon: Clear Field 1.3 https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... ag-fixers/
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
If you have done that and files do not contain replaygain index in file s it should not be imported.
Only way is to either open support ticket and supply us with original file from HDD for analyze or you can use free HEX editor like https://mh-nexus.de/ and load the file to see if you can search for word GAIN (case insensitive) in file.

@Erwin
Good catch I completely forgot on that
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
maac

Post by maac »

Foobar2000 - Right-click Utilities - Fix VBR header
THRobinson

Deleting "Track Volume" Field

Post by THRobinson »

I'm certain I had a thread for this last year... can not find it at all.

Basically, TRACK VOLUME regardless how often I cleared it, kept showing back up. Someone said delete it from the Library and the Computer and then Synchronize Tags... if I recall correct... and it worked.

Wiped my PC out, reinstalled everything, just cleaning up the system.

When I first ran MM, I realized I didn't go to Options->Player->Volume Levelling and uncheck everything. So some stuff was added to the library before I had the chance to do that.

I'm not sure if the 220 files with TRACK VOLUME are new from that? if so, why's that turned on by default? ...or, if these 220 are the same files as last year.

I grabbed an addon, and used it to delete the Levelling field which wipes that column clear. Then the PC copy. Then I hit CTRL+S to sync tags... but this time, not working. They constantly pop back up.

Any ideas?