Empty album

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

AlanH

Empty album

Post by AlanH »

I’ve come across a strange issue, I have two artists listed as having an empty album with no songs on my phone. It won’t let me delete the album as it says no songs selected.

I am using a Samsung S10 plus running the latest beta of MMA pro. I have approx 7k songs synced over WiFi with MM4 latest beta version.

The tracks for both of these artists match my sync list, there’s none missing and looking via explorer I can’t see anything amiss. I tried delete MMA and reinstall thinking it could be a database issue but it picks up the phantom albums on reinstall. I tried delete these artists folders on my phone via explorer but the empty albums persist.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated, I don’t want to nuke my Card and resync all my songs but that’s all I can think to do next.

Edit I’m not sure how this got in the MM5 forum, could a mod please move it to the MMA forum or advise if I should delete and repost.
Lowlander

Re: Empty album

Post by Lowlander »

Have you tried browsing for the files through Folders in MMA? This way you may find something wrong with the tags or see if MMA can even see and play the files at all. Are their any foreign/weird (non 26 alphabet/numeric) characters in the folder/filenames or leading . for folders or filename?
AlanH

Post by AlanH »

That’s the weird thing it says I have an album with no files in it. Take Eric Clapton, I have nine of his songs set to sync and the all show and play correctly. File explorer on my phone and via android shows no other files or folders by Eric Clapton anywhere else and MMA provides no info on the empty albums as it just says no valid tracks

Here’s a link to a screenshot https://photos.app.goo.gl/awi5ceH4m6YFvQtHA
https://photos.app.goo.gl/KhcSys199Q6UU8Fb9
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Not Albums, but Folders from the homescreen. It bypasses the MMA Library and this could tell more about MMA seeing or not seeing the files that way.
AlanH

Post by AlanH »

I’ve checked under the folders option and under Eric Clapton I only have the one folder with the sub folder “unknown“ with the 4 tracks that don’t have an album. This is the same as I see via file explorer, I’ve just deleted the Eric Clapton folder via MMA and the empty album still shows in the library. I just wish I knew where it’s picking the info up from,

I know it’s not a big deal as all my tracks play but it’s annoying . I’m going to delete my Various Artists folder ans see if this does anything.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

So the files associated with the empty Artist don't have an Album associated with them?
AlanH

Post by AlanH »

No nothing, I deleted all my music on my sd card MMA was still showing those two artists with an empty album, I went through both internal and sd card and came up with nothing, I deleted MMA cache and data and that didn’t help. I’ve deleted MMA and reinstalled so now just to spend god knows how many hours to put my music back on.
Thank you for taking the time to try and help.