Album art in phone gallery

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

TroubleClef

Album art in phone gallery

Post by TroubleClef »

MMA beta version 1.4.0.0931 on Samsung Galaxy S9

Earlier this year, a few versions ago, album art from new songs synced to my phone started showing up in my phone's main photo gallery. This has never happened before, and none of the existing album art synced prior to that time shows up in the gallery. Any ideas how to get this to stop?

Thanks
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester
Peke

Re: Album art in phone gallery

Post by Peke »

Hi,
when your samsung last time updated firmware and proprietary app?
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum
TroubleClef

Post by TroubleClef »

Peke wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:52 pm Hi,
when your samsung last time updated firmware and proprietary app?

Hi, there have been a handful of Samsung OS updates this year, most recently a few weeks ago, and countless app updates. But this issue with the album art began back around March as far as I can tell now.
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
:( that collate with other reports (like on XDA forum) when Android 10 updates started to roll out on more devices.

I have two Huawei, Moto x4, two Nexus 9s, one nexus 7 (2013), nexus player, car headunit with customized Oreo and none of them observe this issue.

Have you tried Google photos to see if it also have same issues?
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum
gordol

Post by gordol »

Google Photos does as well. You can sort-of control this with sticking with the "Photos" tab, but you may have to go into the Backup And Sync settings of the Photos app and TURN OFF every single item listed in "Device folders" except for the few that are not album art.

I have over 800 albums in my library on my phone.

With something like Total Commander, you can create a ".nomedia" text file in the root of the album directory, but that not only causes Photos to not search/index/show, but does also cause problems with MMA displaying the album art.

The only reliable "fix" for this that I have found is a third party photo viewer that instead of relying on folder exclusions, uses folder INclusions to only show the folders I want to see.