selecting multiple files with mouse drag [#15293]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

bdbtbb

selecting multiple files with mouse drag [#15293]

Post by bdbtbb »

Build 2264
Windows 10 version 2004

I can select files individually with the mouse, and I can select multiple files by holding down the ctrl key and clicking on each file I want to select.

But I am unable to left-click and drag the mouse to select multiple files in the main window, or in the now playing list.

This has never worked for me in MM5 since I installed it some months ago. Haven't mentioned it until now as I assumed it would have been noticed by everyone.
PetrCBR

Re: selecting multiple files with mouse drag

Post by PetrCBR »

It works in classic tracklist (there're some issues tho, but works).
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Lasso selection works for me too : https://www.dropbox.com/s/m33wjpdgvfvmw ... 8.png?dl=0

Are you sure that you started the selection on a non-selected item and in an area where the text isn't? Otherwise drag is initiated.
bdbtbb

Post by bdbtbb »

Hi.

So, thanks to your replies I have understood that mouse-drag selection does work, but your cursor has to be over a currently-not-selected track.

The drag function does not engage for me if I try to drag over a list from a blank space (where no text is) below the list.

It's just a bit different to mouse-drag selection in something like Windows Explorer, so that just confused me.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Item 2 tracks the problem of lasso not engaging in empty space under file list: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15293 You'll need to start it on the last item in the list for now.

Or if you're selecting all file use Ctrl+A.