Ticketing system down. How much longer?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

felixkasza

Ticketing system down. How much longer?

Post by felixkasza »

"Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina," Cicero spoke to the Senate of Rome as he accused Catiline of high treason, "patientia nostra?" — "How much longer, Catiline, will you abuse our patience?"

https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/ind ... -270-85770

I opened this ticket on August 12th because the fonts in MM4 are way too small; the list is in an 8pt font, player and Now Playing are smaller. After one or two round-trips with your support (kind and really trying to help), your support server went down, and the only thing that still worked was the automated notification that I should log on and update the support case or it would be closed due to inactivity. Twisting the knife is fun, isn't it?

Oh, and no, the "font size" setting in Tools»Options, Skins does not work. It only affects the headings of the list view.

What now?

Thanks,
Felix.
Erwin Hanzl

Re: Ticketing system down. How much longer?

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

My settings:

MM restart
Last edited by Erwin Hanzl on Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
felixkasza

Post by felixkasza »

Thanks, Erwin, and hello from Mödling!

I had tried every combination these settings before opening a support case and, on Ventris's request, again afterwards, with no change. If it makes a difference: I am using the "(non-skinned)" MM 4.1.29.1910 in portable mode; the fonts always were too small to be comfortable with, but once I saw that MM5 beta had the same problem, I figured that it had better be fixed. I like MM and don't want to go to the hassle of finding something else. :(

Here is a sample at 16 px, full-screen mode. Note that the images are displayed at different scale factors by phpBB; to compare font sizes, please view them with something that allows a 1:1 zoom.

And here is one at 10 px. Note the "Art" panel and the ridiculously small menu font size. Also note that enlarging the font requires a setting of 32 px would make the column headings look like billboards (see previous screen shot, they seem to be the only UI elements that scale linearly with the font size setting).

Finally, back at the normal 12 px (actually, MM default is 10 px, God love us all), and back in full-screen mode, note the incorrect calculation of not only the menu font size but also of the menu position in the title bar. This is called "owner-draw" in Win32 programming lingo, and once an app decides to draw title bars and other (normally Windows-provided) pieces of the UI itself, it should try hard to get it right.

And all of these issues were present in the MM5 beta, too, as of a week ago.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Art & Details window has it's own independent font size setting. Did you restart MediaMonkey each time you change the font size? It is required to work properly.

Have you tried a different Skin, maybe it's related to the skin you're using.
felixkasza

Post by felixkasza »

Hi, Lowlander,

and thanks for taking the time to reply!
Art & Details window has it's own independent font size setting.
I can't find it. The only "Art & Details"-related settings I can find are in Tools » Options » Library » Appearance: How many files to show there, and whether a mirror effect is desired.
Did you restart MediaMonkey each time you change the font size?
Yes, I did. Tools » Options » Skin reminds me to do so, and yes, it makes trying hundreds (quite literally!) of combinations of settings and skins rather tedious.
Have you tried a different Skin, maybe it's related to the skin you're using.
I like CleanMM, because I dislike skins. But yes, I tried the Metro M, Pulse and Vitreous skins, regrettably without any positive results to report.

Thanks,
Felix.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I guess that you should try MM5 then, as you can change layout of Art and Details much better (including Font Size).

https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 86639&sd=d
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Right click in Art & Details and use Choose Field from the Context Menu to get to the Text Size setting for Art & Details.

For me the Font Size seems to work:
16px:Image

24px: Image
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Hallo Felix aus Mödling,
bevor Du den Support mit einem Ticket bemühst, kanns Du auch im "Deutschen Forum" Fragen stellen.
Es gibt genug User, die Dir sehr gerne behilflich sind. http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=10

ein weiteres, interessantes Skin: https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... r-special/

oder : https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... ided-skin/

MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
jiri

Post by jiri »

Just to reply the original question about the Support site -- yes, it's down longer then expected, but definitely not forever. We're working on this and hope to resolve it very soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jiri
felixkasza

Post by felixkasza »

Peke wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:13 pm I guess that you should try MM5 then […]
I'll give MM5 another try, then, and thanks for replying!

Cheers,
Felix.
felixkasza

Post by felixkasza »

Lowlander wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:22 pm Right click in Art & Details and use Choose Field from the Context Menu to get to the Text Size setting for Art & Details.
[…]
Wow. I confess that I had not expected font size settings behind a "Choose Field …" command. I'll have to try that, thanks!

Cheers,
Felix.
felixkasza

Post by felixkasza »

Erwin Hanzl wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:56 pm […] "Deutschen Forum" […]
Thanks for the pointer to the German-language forum – and to the two skins, which I'll have to try! (I originally posted here beause I figured that the Ventis folks might be more likely to speak English.)

Cheers,
Felix.
felixkasza

Post by felixkasza »

jiri wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:05 am […] definitely not forever. […]
I am happy to hear it, thanks!

Cheers,
Felix.