Update Location of Files in Database 1.3 (2012-06-12) [MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: Update Location of Files in Database 1.3 (2012-06-12) [MM2+]

Post by ZvezdanD »

What is new:
v1.4.4 - 2019-03-04
* Fixed: update when the Old path contains the @, _ or % characters.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
jkrafty

New Drive nothing works

Post by jkrafty »

I updated my hard drive and now I can't get MediaMonkey to play anything. It all looks just fine but when I click to play something it says its playing but I get nothing. Help!! I understand that somehow MM tracks the HD serial number or something like that but I can't figure out how to update it so I can get things working again. Very frustrating.
Last edited by Lowlander on Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged
Lowlander

Re: New Drive nothing works

Post by Lowlander »

Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
jkrafty

Re: New Drive nothing works

Post by jkrafty »

I downloaded and ran the script and it still isn't working. I didn't see any place in there to change the disk ID. How do you do that? The instructions didn't say either.
Unsunghero

Re: Update Location of Files in Database 1.3 (2012-06-12) [MM2+]

Post by Unsunghero »

I am having problems getting this script to work as it is not giving me the option of the correct old path.

I am moving my MM instalation from an old computer to a new one. The location of my music library has not changed as it is on a NAS box, I'm only changing where MM is installed.

When I run the script the 'Update Location of Files in Database' dialogue box shows this information:

I get two old drive paths for some reason:

HD: Storage, ID=********, not accessible - This shows the old Location has 23491 media files, 0 existing + 23491 missing files
HD:, ID=********, not accessible - This shows the old Location has 25 media files, 0 existing + 25 missing files

My options for the old Path are:
?:\
?:\Users\
?:\Users\username\
?:\Users\username\Music\
?:\Users\username\Music\Artist
?:\Users\username\Music\Artist\Album\

When I select this old drive and old path as ?:\Users\username\Music\ and the New Path as M:\, I tells me new location 17345 existing + 6146 missing files

These old paths are not correct, as the old paths did not have \users\username\Music, it was simply G:\Music\Artist\Album which is the folder on my NAS, mapped to G:\

Is there a reason why the wrong old path would be displayed?

Thanks