Enhanced tag and file rename capability

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

roylayer

Enhanced tag and file rename capability

Post by roylayer »

The "Auto-tag from filename" and "Auto-rename files" functions are very good, but they don't solve all of my renaming needs. It would be nice if MM could provide the following:

1) Rename tags based on tag info (using regex if possible)
2) Rename files based on file info (using regex if possible).

Basically, I would like to create filenames or tags based on any combination of tag, filename, and path information. (For #2, Perhaps some separate rename tool exists that MM could simply initiate, passing the current directory to open?)

This isn't really a huge deal since I can simply run a standalone file renamer and then return to MM to continue, but an integrated capability would be great!
Happy user of MediaMonkey Gold version 2.5.5.998
Computer: p4, 2.5 ghz, 3 gb ram, win xp
Peke

Post by Peke »

Please elaborate those two with example PLZ, couse as I see MM already has something similar.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
roylayer

Post by roylayer »

Examples:

1) Filename to filename rename example: 1950-10-30 A Sad Tale. I want it to look like 1950.10.30-A Sad Tale. (Then I'll synchronize the Title tag with it via Auto-tag.) Standalone rename tools can do stuff like that. (I use Rname-it.) MM can't as far as I can tell.

2) Tag info to tag rename example: I want to copy the Year field into the Album field. I did some reading on MM's scripting capability last night, so I know that I could go that route, but it would be nice to have an integrated feature that makes it easier. :-)
Peke

Post by Peke »

Your example of song name: 1950-10-30 A Sad Tale.mp3

Solution: <Year>-<Skip>-<Skip> <Title>

Check 'Update Empty Fields Only' To be shure what you R Changing In Tags and .... Your choice, keep playing with it as MM will show the end result and what is changed in Yelow highlight.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
roylayer

Post by roylayer »

If you're talking about "Autotag from filename," wouldn't that have this result? -

year: 1950
title: A sad tale

That is not what I want at all. As a matter of fact, I don't want to do ANYTHING to the tag. I want the filename itself to be changed to 1950.10.30-A Sad Tale.mp3.

Am I missing something in your note? Hopefully, I've explained this a little bit better this time.