MP3 files appended after updating album cover

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

BIBLEfreak

MP3 files appended after updating album cover

Post by BIBLEfreak »

If you don't want to read this brief history scroll to "MAJOR PROBLEM" below.

I recently purchased the life time Gold version after being a longtime user of the free version.
I hate Itunes always have.

I have a small collection only 8700 files. I have used MM to organize and tag files along with using MP3tag to rename and tag tracks.

After purchasing I imported all my MP3z into one folder. I them started with advanced tools, using the "Files to Edit" tool under music, and going down the list.

As I encountered missing art I went and found good art on the web and pasted it. Occasionally I used Discogs to look up outside of MM.

After two weeks, I had created new playlists and updated all my artwork and thought I was ready to go.

I wiped by iPhoneX (IOS 13.7) music and then added all my music (with the exceptions of apple store purchases less than 200 songs).

I noted none of the playlists transferred (I will make a separate thread for that.) Not a super huge deal.

MAJOR PROBLEM

Almost every song I have listened to which I tagged and changed cover art with in media monkey plays longer than the end of the track, I am at over 100 tracks and counting. They play past the end point silence for a few seconds (this varies) and then the song will play from some random point in the track for a few second, and then the track will ends.

I started looking online for descriptions of this problem, and its was hard to find. I did find a thread on Apple Support describing the exact behavior (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250813527) however, if you review that thread, I cannot open any of the tracks effected in audacity version 2.4, it reports a synchronization error.

I want to be clear, none of these files had this problem prior to my migrating to version MediaMonkey_4.1.29.1910. Prior to this version I was running the free version 3.X.X.X. I no longer have those files. And itunes is not even installed on this computer.

I have been unable to find a similar thread on MM Forums regarding this problem.

I hope there is a way to undo this.
Last edited by BIBLEfreak on Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Re: MP3 files appended after updating album cover

Post by Lowlander »

Current version is 4.1.30. Is the problem present when playing with MediaMonkey or on the iPhone?
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
BIBLEfreak

Re: MP3 files appended after updating album cover

Post by BIBLEfreak »

Lowlander wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:54 pm Current version is 4.1.30. Is the problem present when playing with MediaMonkey or on the iPhone?
The problem is in the individual files, it occurs on both the PC playing through any player, and on the iPhone.