Integration of Initial Key Tag into Shuffling & A bug [#17021]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

MayorQwert

Integration of Initial Key Tag into Shuffling & A bug [#17021]

Post by MayorQwert »

Hey I have been trying the beta build for a while now and recently learned about the "initial key" tag on files and how this can be used to have better transition between tracks. Only problem is I don't really have any musical knowledge, so I personally don't know how to read or use the tags.

Does MediaMonkey5 have a way to currently utilize the initialkey tag to improve shuffling, or have a feature that directly utilizes the tags, if known? If not, it may be worth considering this as an option. I've been looking a while through the settings and haven't seen anything that uses it. The tags are showing up just fine on the files in MM, I just can't use them to do anything meaningful.

One final note, I don't know if this is a bug, but when I try to sort by initialkey it just does one initial sort but after that does not change no matter whether I change it to ascending or descending. It isn't sorting by key or anything, though, it just does a standard sort by album and leaves it at that. So this is probably some sort of bug with the sorting for this field.
Lowlander

Re: Integration of Initial Key Tag into Shuffling & A bug

Post by Lowlander »

It's not used otherwise, it's information available to to the user only.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
MiPi

Re: Integration of Initial Key Tag into Shuffling & A bug

Post by MiPi »

Sorting by Initial key really does not work, thanks for reporting, tracked as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17021
MayorQwert

Re: Integration of Initial Key Tag into Shuffling & A bug [#17021]

Post by MayorQwert »

Lowlander wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:24 am It's not used otherwise, it's information available to to the user only.
Shame there's no integration of Initial Key. I heard it can be used for better mixing and I could've swore I saw something on MediaMonkey about it. Ah well.
Would it be possible for usage of initialkey to be considered as an optional feature for Auto DJ?
MiPi wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:06 pm Sorting by Initial key really does not work, thanks for reporting
Regardless, it's good to hear the sorting bug is on the radar! Is it going to actually sort by key or just a standard alphabetical sort?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Alphabetical Sort, for now. We can tweak things later.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum
MayorQwert

Post by MayorQwert »

Great, good to know!
Peke

Post by Peke »

I waited 10+ years to get implemented :) Too bad that Energy Tag didn't made it also :(

Use the Auto-Playlist to sort them out for now, and Auto-DJ Script can be made to keep things in key. I can't wait to see if someone would pick the project of making it and how to teach script to match it more carefully.

I use harmonic mixing for 20+ years eg. like https://mixedinkey.com/harmonic-mixing-guide/ and would really like to see how it can be incorporated with my 250k library by using scripts.

Damn, I can even think of Virtual MediaMonkey AI DJ if paired with right sensors and Machine learning. That would be very fun project.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum