Duplicate Database Entries

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Scottes

Duplicate Database Entries

Post by Scottes »

I have recently been getting duplicate database entries for every song in my database.
Neither option for Folder Monitoring is enabled.
I created an autoplaylist listing every song added within the last 30 days and deleted them from the library only. (Thus saving all the entries that had any history like Play Count).

When I check my drive (1 folder and subfolders) I find that I have 33,013 FLACs. But the database has only 32,685 FLACs.
So I File... Add/Rescan and wait and it adds 33,003 files, skipping 2 that did not match import criteria, and apparently missing 10 for some unknown reason.
And this process duplicates the existing entries...

How can I correct this AND save any existing songs and history?

I'm sure that I can clear the database and rescan everything from tags, but I'd rather not lose 8+ years of the history that I have in this database.
Last edited by Scottes on Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Re: Duplicate Database Entries

Post by Lowlander »

See: http://mediamonkey.com/support/index.ph ... he-library

Start with comparing Paths for duplicates. Do the original copies play in MediaMonkey?
Scottes

Post by Scottes »

Paths are identical. I checked several to be sure, and even copied/pasted to individual files and diff'd the files, just in case something missed my eyes.

Both play.
If I right-click and Play Now on either, both play. But weirdly both get bolded.

From the link you posted, the only possibility is "You replaced the hard drive or moved to a new PC and scanned the files in again." I did do this in February, and performed the corrective steps at that time. I have not seen any issues until just now - though I easily could have missed it since I recently got around to adding a bunch of albums.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Strange; which version of MediaMonkey?
Scottes

Post by Scottes »

As of this morning, the latest (4.1.30.1914) since I updated a few hours ago.
But previous to that it was a little older, but not much. I'm pretty good about keeping it up to date. At worst it was 4.1.26.1896, which is the next latest update exe I have on disk, but I think it was newer.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

And the duplication still happens with 4.1.30 when you scan?
Scottes

Post by Scottes »

Yes, it does. I just tested again, and they duplicate
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Capture it with a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to an email to support@mediamonkey.com: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... p?f=1&t=69
Scottes

Post by Scottes »

Running DbgView, even as Administrator, isn't producing any worthwhile output.

If I enable Verbose Kernel Logging it will produce tons of output, and I have to say that none of it looks useful in debugging this issue.

Without Verbose Kernel - but all other Capture options enabled, I started MM and Rescanned and exited MM, and I only got 2 lines from DbgView:

00000014 16.70575523 [24712] x64MMHelper: iPhone: Loading library: | app directory: C:\Program Files\Digi DNA\iMazing\
00000015 16.70844841 [24832] x64MMHelper: iPhone: Loading library: iTunesMobileDevice.dll | app directory:
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, all MediaMonkey activity will be captured, but the developers can make sense of that.
Scottes

Post by Scottes »

Email and log sent