Update Location of Files in Database 1.3 (2012-06-12) [MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: Update Location of Files in Database 1.3 (2012-06-12) [MM2+]

Post by ZvezdanD »

Davidgoeson wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:57 am Does the addon update Artwork location too in the database?
The Artwork paths are stored in the database as filenames only, without the drive\folders part. It seems that MM allows only artwork files in the same folder with the corresponding media files. So, if you have moved your artwork files together with media files, they should be visible after updating paths of media files in the database.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
ToxicRed

Post by ToxicRed »

Hi! I made an account just to share my experience.

I just transferred my music and MediaMonkey files across 3 drives (2 computers). I followed the instructions in the Wiki which involved copying all of my music files/folders from my first PC to a usb drive, and I also copied my database files. On the new PC I first moved the files to the new location, and then copied my database files into the new MediaMonkey appdata folder. In MediaMonkey, it showed all of my playlists, but the media files were greyed out.

And then I used your script to make everything work. I was confused at whether I needed to check the "update paths" option, but I decided not to.

I entered the old path and my new path, left both check boxes unchecked, and ran the script. In like, 1 second, everything updated and I've got my music and playlists intact! :D :D

THANKS! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

ToxicRed wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:51 am Hi! I made an account just to share my experience.
:) I am glad that you found my script useful.

By the way, the option "Update paths in database only for files that exist at new location" tells the add-on to check if the media files really exist at the specified New path before updating their location in the database. Otherwise, the add-on blindly updates these paths, even if the files are not there.

If that option is turned on, the add-on is checking the existence of each file, which could be time consuming. However, its use is recommended just to be sure that all files are correctly transferred to the new location.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
andyh100

Error running MM_HDD_Serial.vbs script

Post by andyh100 »

Running V 4.1.26.1896 (lifetime licence) in portable mode under Windows 10. I've recently swapped out the hard drive with the program and MP3 collection and now MM shows all music as greyed out. The new drive has the same data structure as the previous one. I already had the MM_HDD_Serial.vbs script on my system from the last hard disk change.

When I try to run it, it immediately comes up with the error:

Error happened during script execution: ActiveX component can't create object: 'SongsDB.SDBApplication'

That has me stumped I'm afraid. Any help will be appreciated.
andyh100

Post by andyh100 »

Prior to my query being moved here I wasn't aware of this particular script.

I've now run it, and now MM successfully sees the MP3 collection on the new hard drive.

So problem solved.