SQL Editor 1.0.1

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

Barry4679

SQL Editor 1.0.1

Post by Barry4679 »

Thanks for this addon. It is useful, mostly because it resolves the missing IUNICODE collation hassle ... and also because it guarantees that the query will be run with the same version of SQLITE that MM is using. :)

I really like the "1.0.1" part of the addon's name :D ... because that suggests that there may be more to come.

My (first) votes are:
  • some way to save and reuse queries ... even something basic like you have used for Advanced Search criteria lines would be OK
  • adding a comment field, for the saved query, would be good ... ie. like you have for Custom Collections ... it would be good if you defaulted to the comment for the line's hover tool tip
  • it would be good if there was a checkbox to deactivate an addon, ie. without uninstalling it .... to supress the ugly sql icon that you have put into the tool bar
    ... I think that would be generally useful extension the the Addons facility.
  • it would be good if the sql window had the option to open in a std MM5 tab, instead of in its own separate window
Issues are ranked, most desirable being first, and nit picking at the bottom.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Peke

Re: SQL Editor 1.0.1

Post by Peke »

Hi,
disabling Plugins without uninstall is on our To do under https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=13903
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum
Barry4679

Re: SQL Editor 1.0.1

Post by Barry4679 »

Peke wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:09 pm disabling Plugins without uninstall is on our To do under https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=13903
that's good, thanks for keeping me in the loop
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.