[REQ] Moving multiple directories in the left panel "Location" tree

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

xor

[REQ] Moving multiple directories in the left panel "Location" tree

Post by xor »

Hi,

using MM 5.0.1.2433 I would like to re-organize my media files, which requires moving a lot of directories containing media files into another directory.

Auto-organize does not help me here, because I need to move directories and files above the directories containing the actual media files, which auto-organize does not seem to handle.

The "Location" view in the left panel would be perfect for my use case, as it allows dragging and dropping directories to other directories.

The only problem is: The "Location" view in the left panel does not allow me to select multiple directories and move these at once.

Would the ability to select multiple directories in the "Location" view in the left panel (maybe by pressing "shift") be a use case to consider in a future release?

Cheers,
Olaf

PS: I also find that moving directories from within MM is extremely slow (about 2 seconds per file).
Lowlander

[REQ] Select multiple folders (nodes) in the Media Tree

Post by Lowlander »

You can use the folder panels in the Filelisting to select multiple folders and Drag & Drop to move: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... _Displayed
xor

Re: Moving multiple directories in the left panel "Location" tree

Post by xor »

Great, thanks for the hint Lowlander!