Getting no help with this! Large library won't sync. [#18354]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

MasterofPuberty

Getting no help with this! Large library won't sync. [#18354]

Post by MasterofPuberty »

I'm getting very frustrated. Been trying to get help for days now, and my ticket and previous call for help here has gone ignored.

I have an 860gb library, and a Note 20 Ultra.
First I tried transferring files direct to 1TB microsd via pc-adapter. The subsequent phone scan was going on for 24hrs after seemingly adding all files to the database.

Next I tried from scratch with a USB sync. This took 48 hrs to transfer all files. When it was done, it STILL scanned for 24 hours!
After playing one song, and then trying to delete all tracks from the Now Playing list, it crashed after I was letting it scan for over a day.

So I tried plugging it into pc hoping it will at least sync again, or do anything* to a successful completion. Nope, MMW says it needs 160Gb+ of space. I'm getting ZERO answers after spending ~$30 on the pro version on both windows & android and the problems are simply adding up. I just want my files to sync. No playlists, that caused a problem too. Just music.

Is the Android scan that starts after the sync 'overwriting'/negating whatever data the sync creates? I have not added ANY files to pc! So on top of this forever-scanning issue, where is this extra 160Gb of space needed coming from!?

And if nothing else, who do I speak to about a refund for the pro versions of this software that is not working, and I am getting no support for...I tried sending an email to support and of course get an automated response to come back here. I just want a simple sync to work, NOTHING FANCY. Just music. One PC, One device. PLEASE.
Lowlander

Re: Getting no help with this! Large library won't sync.

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMW and MMA are you using?
MasterofPuberty

The latest beta for both.
MasterofPuberty

And for the record, I will do whatever you need me to do to solve this. I may ask a question or two, but I'm curious and want to know. I just need someone that can work with me on this, not random people popping in and out, only to ghost when they feel like. (And a fresh ticket is up for this with a WWA log for the post-sync scan issue. I can do another for the MMW latest "160Gb needed" issue. Whatever you need.) Thank you.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MasterofPuberty wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:16 pm The latest beta for both.
MMW 5.0.2.2506?
MasterofPuberty

Yes, I saw the new one went up last night. I'm being told in the ticket that the problem is a large number of unsupported m4a files. But this doesn't make sense to me.

I specifically downloaded MMW/MMA because they both support playback of m4a/alac. Is this no longer true? (Not sure if this is the same cause for MMW saying I suddenly require 160gb of space in second sync attempt, after scanning 24hrs.)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MMA only supports what is natively supported by the device. If you have a ticket open, someone will help resolve the issue there.
Not_tech_savy

Post by Not_tech_savy »

Lowlander wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:13 am MMA only supports what is natively supported by the device.
Question : if you wanted to play something not natively supported, is there an app or something you can download that will add support?
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Phone - S23 Ultra - liked the S21 Ultra more
Lowlander

Re: Getting no help with this! Large library won't sync. [#18354]

Post by Lowlander »

No, it needs native support from the device for MMA to be able to play the format. MMW can be used to Sync to the device and Auto-Convert formats not support to formats that are supported: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... Conversion