MM sync AudioBooks to iPod

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

OldPilot

MM sync AudioBooks to iPod

Post by OldPilot »

I am attempting to install MP3 audiobook files onto iPod using Mediamonkey. Here are my steps and status so far:

This book had 12 1 hr tracks. The MP3 tracks had no track or genre tags, so I completed that information, putting audiobook in the genre field. That was not good enough. While the tracks were transferred onto the iPod Mini 1st gen, they did not reside within the Apple system so that it could be seen and used in the portable player system.

Using MM I deleted those first attempt tracks from the iPod. Then, using the MM properties window, I realized that having 'audiobook' in the genre was not helping. I needed to appropriately populate the 'Type" field with 'audiobook'. I don't know what the type field is used for but I guess Apple needs this. Can someone comment about the "Type" field.

Then I selected all twelve tracks and used 'send to' the iPod. That worked with only one problem. The audiobook was placed within the 'music' category of the iPod even the though MM showed the tracks in its 'Audiobook' category. That means when I shuffle the iPod the audiobook tracks my be played interspersed with the music tracks.

I am wondering if the audiobook tracks need to be converted to .m4b files inorder for the iPod to recognize these as audiobooks and keep them separate from music?

My next trial will be to sync audiobooks to my other portable devices like Creative and Phillips Go.