iPhone 13 with ios 15

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Shakadula5153

iPhone 13 with ios 15

Post by Shakadula5153 »

Are there plans to support the iPhone 13 running ios 15? I would rather keep mm4 if possible.
Thanks.
Lenovo Laptop:
12th Gen i5 Intel processor
64 bit OS
Windows 11
256 Gig SSD, 8 Gig RAM,

Software

* Primary Apps: MediaMonkey 5 (not GOLD yet).
Lowlander

Re: iPhone 13 with ios 15

Post by Lowlander »

At the moment it's available in MediaMonkey 5.0.2. beta: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639. There are no concrete plans for MediaMonkey 4 as MediaMonkey 5 replaces it.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There is a plugin now that adds Support for iOS 15 in MediaMonkey 4: https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... c-plug-in/
NumaNuma

Post by NumaNuma »

How's everyone's experience syncing using the iOS15 plugin with iPhone 13 in MM4?

It was working great for me for a few days, and then today it stopped working. It was working this morning then stopped working this afternoon. Now MM4 locks up every time I connect my phone. I didn't do any software updates between times I connected.

Any suggestions on how to fix?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Have you tried a PC restart?

If so, capture the locking up in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69
rusty

Post by rusty »

fyi, I tested iOS 15.0.2 (on an iPhone X), vs MM 4.1.31 (iTunes 12.12.1.1 installed) and the MM5 iOS Sync Plugin 15.0, and sync worked correctly.

So if the issue is still occurring for you, please send us a debug log.

Thanks!

-Rusty
NumaNuma

Post by NumaNuma »

Restarting didn't help. I ended up reinstalling the iphone plugin and it fixed the issue. If it happens again I'll try to capture the debug log
Shakadula5153

Post by Shakadula5153 »

I updated the DLL via the link and now MM4 recognizes my iPhone 13 running ios 15. Synching all playlists at once is not an option as it just runs for days. 96 playlists used to complete synching in about an hour using an iPhone XR running ios 14.

So now I synch 1 playlist at a time. Still takes a long time but it does work in that it does not drop tracks from the playlist or music library and adds the playlists to my iPhone 13. I just need to keep track of what playlist I changed and only synch changed playlists one at a time.

I don’t know if this issue is related to ios 15 in MM 4 or that I am running windows under Parallels. I loaded MM5 portable version and have encountered the same issue. Support has been fantastic but I am not going to use MM5 until the kinks are worked out. Certainly not going to get MM5 Gold until the bugs are gone.

So Rusty, How long does synch take you?
Lenovo Laptop:
64 bit OS
Windows 11
256 Gig SSD, 8 Gig RAM,

Software

Shakadula5153

Post by Shakadula5153 »

I guess Rusty flew the coop.
Lenovo Laptop:
64 bit OS
Windows 11
256 Gig SSD, 8 Gig RAM,

Software

Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Based on users feedback multiple emulations and driver interconnection when using Virtual Machines is making problems because in order to device work first it loads native driver to make device available, then set emulation for virtual machine then assign MM driver and finally all goes back just to setup MM to sync device.

Apple made many undocumented changes to internal library format, that add additional layers of checks and slow things down :( in order to just allow us to support iOS version.

Please make full debug log (compress it in order to make smaller) as described at https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=86643 and attach it to support Ticket so that our dev team can analyze it and try to help.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
djchucko

Post by djchucko »

I am able to sync playlists and songs to my iphone but I am no longer able to rate songs on my phone then have those changes reflected in MM4 when I plug my phone back in. Can someone help me get that capability back. I used to use the Music Rating app on my phone to do that.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
It is very hard to tell what to do, unfortunately MM5 Plugin improvements are active and MM4 Plugin was release as separate product to extend MM4 support to newer iOS versions as there is no plans for new MM4 build at least recently, especially as MM5 point was to evolve outdated design that started to drag MM below acceptable quality and there was less issues with MM, but rather with Windows/Device compatibility.

I would like to suggest that you try MM5, even it is in Portable mode (It should import your existing settings and you will continue where you left of) and confirm. If you have same issue in MM5 and fix for MM5 is safe enough, then we can try to port it to MM4 also in case of popular demand.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts