Can't Create Autoplaylists

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

jczelust

Can't Create Autoplaylists

Post by jczelust »

So I wanted to create a new autoplaylist for all albums released in 2022. It was simple enough to do for 2021 and 2020, but for whatever reason I cannot create a new autoplaylist now. It doesn't give me the option to create criteria like it did initially. I can attempt to create one (in all the different facets), and it creates the semblance (meaning the blank playlist is created) of a playlist, but no box emerges to filter the criteria, and I can't seem to right click the playlist and edit the preferences to add criteria. I can't edit the criteria for existing autoplaylists either.

Can someone help me? Am I just missing something simple? I downloaded the latest version of the software and I am using a Windows 11 laptop. Library is stored on an external hard drive. I can sync existing playlists and everything else seems straightforward.

(Posted this in the wrong place earlier)
IanRTaylorUK

Re: Can't Create Autoplaylists

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

After starting MMW5 I let it complete its initial monitoring scan.

Select the playlist node and right click to create a New AutoPlaylist. I then changed the title and restricted the search to Music on the "2nd" line of the screen.

After "Match All of the following criteria" click the circled + to add criteria.

Choose Date between 01/01/2022 and 31/12/2022

Sort by Artist then Album then Disc then Track using the circled + multiple times.

Tab to get out of edit mode and save the changes.

Now change the view using the Main Panel View option under View to either Grid (by Album) or 3D Album View. Obviously, you may prefer a different sort / view.

Then repeated for 2021, here is the screen shot:

https://octoberclub-my.sharepoint.com/: ... g?e=tSTh61
Ian Taylor
Lowlander

Re: Can't Create Autoplaylists

Post by Lowlander »

Are you sure you created a new AutoPlaylist instead of a regular Playlist: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... ylists/5.0

Note that you can also Copy/Paste the 2021 AutoPlaylist and then edit it to work for 2022.