3D Flow Album View for MM5 - Support & Beta Testing

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

Peke

Re: 3D Flow Album View for MM5 - Support

Post by Peke »

Hi,
allwi wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:43 pm It seems that only the artwork of files from the local DB is shown. I often use a DLNA server to play the music which only shows the generic monkey. Can the addon be updated to retrieve the artwork of the songs from DLNA (and cache them locally)?
Fetching Album art over DLNA will be improved and filed under https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17997 (NOTE: This also applies for Tracks/Album to some extent but it is not so obvious as for Video files), but for integration in 3D Flow it needs to be additionally made so that 3D Flow reads them correctly.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Raddish

Post by Raddish »

Hi Drakinite,
In the Options Layout Preview could you add the ability to also have the music details listed under each other in a row down the left-hand side like this:

Title: At the doors
Artist: Junip
Album: Rope & summit

Could you please also add the ability to increase or decrease the font size by a number as well as the smallest to largest option thanks
Cheers Don
allwi

Post by allwi »

Peke wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:47 pm Hi,
allwi wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:43 pm It seems that only the artwork of files from the local DB is shown. I often use a DLNA server to play the music which only shows the generic monkey. Can the addon be updated to retrieve the artwork of the songs from DLNA (and cache them locally)?
Fetching Album art over DLNA will be improved and filed under https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17997 (NOTE: This also applies for Tracks/Album to some extent but it is not so obvious as for Video files), but for integration in 3D Flow it needs to be additionally made so that 3D Flow reads them correctly.
Cool thanks for the info :)
allwi

Post by allwi »

Hi drakinite,

when I select the Album View in the Now Playing view, it shows all the album from the playlist (great!). However, in contrast to MonkeyFlow for MM4, it doesn't change the album when the song changes. Can this be added? I.e. that the Album View always follows the current song?

Also, it would be nice, if we could select to show the title of the current song under the album cover. I know this will be very specific for the Now Playing view but without a crucial information is missing.

I would like to have the Album View as a full screen visualisation.

And btw - the graphic with the reflection etc is beautiful :)
Many thanks for your work on this!
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

allwi wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:19 am when I select the Album View in the Now Playing view, it shows all the album from the playlist (great!). However, in contrast to MonkeyFlow for MM4, it doesn't change the album when the song changes. Can this be added? I.e. that the Album View always follows the current song?
Which version do you have installed? It's designed to do just that. You're still allowed to move the slider to browse the other albums, but after a short time it'll go back to the current album. And it updates the current album whenever the track changes.
allwi wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:19 am Also, it would be nice, if we could select to show the title of the current song under the album cover. I know this will be very specific for the Now Playing view but without a crucial information is missing.
Sure. Added in 1.0.3 - the update is now available. Please note that it requires MM version 5.0.2+.
allwi wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:19 am And btw - the graphic with the reflection etc is beautiful :)
Many thanks for your work on this!
I'm glad you like it :slight_smile: Thank you, and you're welcome!
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Raddish wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:20 pm Hi Drakinite,
In the Options Layout Preview could you add the ability to also have the music details listed under each other in a row down the left-hand side like this:

Title: At the doors
Artist: Junip
Album: Rope & summit
Sure. I was already making modifications to the text field for allwi's suggestion, so it wasn't a big hassle. Added in 1.0.3. There's now a checkbox "Show prefix for each field (e.g. "Title:")"
Raddish wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:20 pm Could you please also add the ability to increase or decrease the font size by a number as well as the smallest to largest option thanks
You can already change the UI text size in Material Design (Options > Layout > Skin). The text is designed to be visible & not interfere with the album in front, unless the view height is very small.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Akuma

Post by Akuma »

drakinite wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:32 pm
fizzjob wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:48 pm How is the sort order determined? In the old MonkeyFlow, IIRC, it went by Album Artist / Album Title, but this version just seems to have them in there randomly. I'm not complaining since I'm happy just to have it follow the currently playing song, just curious.
At the moment, it should be sorted by album title. There's no code inside the addon that sorts the album list itself; it simply takes the album list that MediaMonkey gives it, however it was already sorted. I actually forgot that I was planning on adding the option to sort by album title or album artist. If that feature would be helpful, I could still add it.
If this is still something you are planning on doing that would be great. I personally would prefer to scroll through all my albums by AlbumArtist then AlbumTitle. I am new to MM5 and your addon was the first thing I looked for. Well done!

-Akuma
allwi

Post by allwi »

drakinite wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:22 pm
allwi wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:19 am when I select the Album View in the Now Playing view, it shows all the album from the playlist (great!). However, in contrast to MonkeyFlow for MM4, it doesn't change the album when the song changes. Can this be added? I.e. that the Album View always follows the current song?
Which version do you have installed? It's designed to do just that. You're still allowed to move the slider to browse the other albums, but after a short time it'll go back to the current album. And it updates the current album whenever the track changes.
Ha, I found the reason for my problem. I'm currently using a MM5 DLNA server to maintain my library as I'm having some issues with MMS. So when I select a playlist stored on that server, the 3D Flow view in the Playing window shows correctly the covers of the albums on the (remote) playlist but doesn't move to the currently played track.
The same happens when I directly play songs from the server, i.e. open a folder in album, album artist, artist etc and double click on one of the tracks or select some tracks and select 'play now': The album covers are shown but a random cover is the selected cover and the view doesn't change.

However when I use a local playlist - even when the tracks on the playlist are from the remote server - everything is fine.
drakinite wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:22 pm
allwi wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:19 am Also, it would be nice, if we could select to show the title of the current song under the album cover. I know this will be very specific for the Now Playing view but without a crucial information is missing.
Sure. Added in 1.0.3 - the update is now available. Please note that it requires MM version 5.0.2+.
Great! Many thanks - looks good :)

A few additional requests ... I hope I'm not too annoying:
  • When you select 'Album Art' or ' Artist Bio' in the 'Playing' screen, you have the option to select 'full screen' or 'full window.
    It would be great, if you could add the option to 3D Album Flow as well
  • I totally get the scrollbar and think it's a good feature but I don't like it ;)
    It would be nice, if the user could configure it to be off or if it turns itself off after a while
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

I've honestly been considering removing the scrollbar in the Now Playing view already. It seems to make sense, as there's already a playing list that'll let you browse the songs that are playing; and the view will still snap back to the current song anyways.

Don't know how complex it'd be to make a fullscreen mode; I'll look into it.
Raddish

Post by Raddish »

Hi Drakinite,
Great work, I wish I could do this stuff. Could you please add the ability to select a full screen mode that made everything disappear except the now playing album cover with the Title & Album & Artist underneath or at the side and then have the controls reappear when you click or move the mouse, also could you please add the ability to turn the bottom reflection off or on thanks. Cheers Don
Raddish

Post by Raddish »

Hi all,
Silly question but how do I update 3D Flow Album View……? is there an update link in MM5 or do I have to track it down each time on Google…? Cheers Don
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Tools > Addons allows you to Find updates.
Raddish

Post by Raddish »

Hey thanks Lowlander.
Cheers Don
Dargy Badget

Re: 3D Flow Album View for MM5 - Support Album Artist View

Post by Dargy Badget »

If it would be possible to add album artist sorted view to 3D flow, that would be great. It is how I organize my albums, and so am used to being able to find all my albums by the same artist next to each other, rather than a collection sorted by the name of the title of the album.

I recently got a new computer, Windows 10, and so decided to upgrade from MM 4 (I think I started with MM 2 back in the day) to MM5. While it took me a few tries, when Monkeyflow appeared, I was able to get it working and really enjoyed that way of using Media Monkey. It was the closest I have come to flipping through vinyl.

In an attempt to get 3D flow to also order the albums by album artist, I have gone back and forth through all the nodes where it is enabled, attempting to get it to recognize an album artist sort. It does not appear that it does so and I am unable to trick it into doing it.

I am happy to support the developer with a contribution to get this, but at the moment I am back to looking at static tiles sorted by album artist, as the current version of 3D Flow (very pretty, great speed, wonderful work) does not allow organizing the files by album artist.
fizzjob wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:48 pm How is the sort order determined? In the old MonkeyFlow, IIRC, it went by Album Artist / Album Title, but this version just seems to have them in there randomly. I'm not complaining since I'm happy just to have it follow the currently playing song, just curious.
At the moment, it should be sorted by album title. There's no code inside the addon that sorts the album list itself; it simply takes the album list that MediaMonkey gives it, however it was already sorted. I actually forgot that I was planning on adding the option to sort by album title or album artist. If that feature would be helpful, I could still add it.
Dargy Badget

Re: 3D Flow Album View for MM5 - Support Album Artist View

Post by Dargy Badget »

After posting my last email to the board, I went back to MM5 and flipped back to 3D Flow view. I was happy to then see that the albums were sorted alphabetically by first name of album artist. It was something I had been trying to do (well, last name of artist would be preferred, but this was a step in the right direction).

I guess I had did something that tricked it to resort the albums. Unfortunately, when I shut down MM and booted it back up, it reverted to the sort by album title in 3D flow. Fiddling with the views, I have been able to successfully resort the albums in 3D flow several times now.

Unfortunately, it then reverts to default album title when shutting down MM5 and turning it back on.

In the node of Music > Albums > if you flip to view by list (upper right carrot in main viewing pane) and then sort the columns by album artist (which persists over time), switching back to 3D Flow then sorts the albums by album artist.

I do not know anything about coding, and typically get lost in the all the details of formatting MM5 (nodes, sort, etc). But, perhaps something about this behavior would be useful to the people involved in potentially changing how 3D flow sorts albums. In the "List" view of Albums, the ability to use column headings to sort the order persists over time, if you sort by album artist, the list view remains sorted by album artist even after you turn off/on MM5. Perhaps 3D Flow could be told to get its sort info from that view. I don't know.

Anyway, I am unlikely to do the flipping back and forth between views each time I boot up MM5, but it is a workaround that seems stable to me and others might be interested in it.

Peace,

DB
Dargy Badget wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:48 am
(snip) If it would be possible to add album artist sorted view to 3D flow, that would be great. It is how I organize my albums, and so am used to being able to find all my albums by the same artist next to each other, rather than a collection sorted by the name of the title of the album.