Folders / Library Track Count Appears Too High

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

IanRTaylorUK

Folders / Library Track Count Appears Too High

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

This is not a great problem but it appears that the "Track Count" shown if you select Folders / Library (and in my case SD Card / Music) is higher than the number of MP3 files.

I have searched the forum and can't find specific mention of this from previous posts.

MMA displays 14334 tracks but the SD card contains (according to Windows File Manager):
11592 MP3 files (vs 11591 shown in MM4W when viewing the device)
3090 M3U files
785 JPEGs
1168 Folders
16635 Total (in agreement with above and total shown by File Manager)

This check was done on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e.

Perhaps if you agree, this can be added as a bug. I will check another Android device in the next few days.

Thanks.
Ian Taylor
Peke

Re: Folders / Library Track Count Appears Too High

Post by Peke »

Hi,
How you counted tracks in MMA if you allowed MMA to access whole SDcard not just Folder that Media is Synced count can be increased by any number of supported Media Files in any of the folders on SDcard.

I am unable to replicate if only MM synced folder is in library. Track Number is same on Both MMA and MMW.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Thanks

At first it seemed like the count of tracks might have included M3U files. So I deleted ALL the M3Us and re-synched. Then the track count increased to 14623! The SD card is almost exclusively for MMA.

So I looked a level deeper and found 247 tracks for "The Moody Blues" for just 3 of their albums: Days of Future Passed (55) + The Very Best of the Moody Blues (34) + Time Traveller (158). Something not right!!!

Checked the actual folders and found 27 + 18 + 80 = (125) files including a few JPEGs.

So MMA is reporting roughly double the number of tracks.

Then I looked at the playlists and found that I had 6 for the 3 albums. Half prefixed "Moody Blues - album name" and half prefixed "The Moody Blues - album name".

This would suggest that MMA Folders / Library tracks is a count from the Playlists rather than the actual files.

Removed the 3 "duplicate" contents playlists / re-sync'd and track count stayed at 14623 - even after selecting Options / Check for New & Changed Media.

So I am thinking I will need to sort out my playlists, format the SD card, uninstall MMA and then re-install and then re-sync the SD card. Do you agree?
Ian Taylor
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Can you maybe add some screenshots for the Moody Blues example? Did the file counts adjust after removing the Playlists?

Here counts seem to match what's actually in the folders.
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

I have corrected the Moody Blues situation but I think these images show the issue.

The first 3 screen shots compare the "track" count using Windows File Manager / Media Monkey 4 and Media Monkey Android - Folders Option:
Image Image Image
But when using the "Tracks" option for Media Monkey Android it displays a count closer to Windows / MM4W:
Ian Taylor
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

The following show the situation on my other Media Monkey for Android Device:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

In this case MMA is showing 3 times the tracks for The Moody Blues album "The Very Best of The Moody Blues" that has only 17 tracks. Hence the 51 tracks for this album, the 366 tracks for group (rather than 122) and 35435 track total using the folders option whereas the FM / MM4W count is ~11871

Hope this helps.
Ian Taylor
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Can you add a screenshot of what Explorer has (don't filter it) in the example Moody Blues Album?
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Hi,

The screenshot for the Sony xperia XZ:

Image Image Image

Just one additional file per album - the artwork.

Let me know if anything else will help.
Ian Taylor
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

I am not certain if this is related to this issue, but somehow the process of synchronising a freshly formatted SD card on the Samsung Tab S5E result in a lot of 0 byte M3U files.

I have placed these in Dropbox so they can be viewed:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/orhipdr6tya3 ... SUeka?dl=0

Also included a few screenshots comparing the "source" MP3s in their folder with the "destination" M3U / MP3s on the device.

I have also included a couple of the source MP3s (Gary Clark - Grinder / Kay Perry - One of the Boys) for completeness. These are just the first two in my list.

Could the M3Us explain why the Folders Count of track is higher than the Tracks / Now Playing (i.e. play any track to show x / Track Count under rating)?

Thanks.
Ian Taylor
keiths

Post by keiths »

I wonder if it is duplicating records where 'artist' is e.g. The Beatles and 'album artist' is Beatles? I'm halfway through a rescan of 134234 files and the 'adding x of x' count is 177584 and counting...
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Hi Keith,

My guess is it is something else.

Currently MMA on my Sony phone shows "folders" / "library" as 55003 tracks whereas "tracks" / "now playing" shows nn/16815.

With this same Sony device connected to Windows, I select the "Music" folder in File Explorer and search *.M* (or *.MP3) then I get 16815. That is, there are no M3U files in the "MUSIC" folder as I deliberately placed them in a "Playlists" folder at the same level as "Music".

The "Windows" number is also seen in MMW under the Device node / Music sub-node

On a "newer" Samsung device with a near identical synchronisation profile the respective numbers are 29364 / 16853 and 16892

I would not spend too much time on this as it does not seem to impact the operation of MMA and I think version 2 of MMA is expected soon.

I have tried new SD cards, reformatting and resynching and there is always a discrepancy.
Ian Taylor