Can I use Media Monkey to generate album art files?

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

zitsky

Can I use Media Monkey to generate album art files?

Post by zitsky »

I have a 2015 Buick LaCrosse that allows you to insert a USB flash drive with music. I normally use MP3 but you can also use AIF and a few other formats. I'm cleaning up some CDs, downloading from Amazon missing album art for folders that are missing artwork. Rather than do this slowly, one folder at a time, I was wondering if I could use Media Monkey to update all the CDs and get album art for them? Then copy to USB flash drive, insert in my car, and go. I think the way my system works is that it looks for a JPG file for the album art.

I am currently using Windows Media Player to do this, although I have used iTunes in the past, and I currently have an iPhone 13 Pro Max. I was hoping I could find a way to copy some of my MP3 files to the iPhone as backup in case I ever lose a network signal. I also have a 60GB iPod Video but that's never worked very well. Maybe a bad cable.
Lowlander

Re: Can I use Media Monkey to generate album art files?

Post by Lowlander »

zitsky

Post by zitsky »

Thanks very much for the reply. Currently doing an import of my library.

I guess what I was asking is.... can Media Monkey export MP3 files and album art in the JPG format, in a way that I could put on a USB flash drive and stick into my car? I think a JPG file like "Folder.JPG" is the way my system recognizes album art.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, MediaMonkey can Sync to USB drives and you can choose how Artwork is Synced: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... .0#Tagging