Failure to sync random set of songs after previous sync

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

shagmasterk

Failure to sync random set of songs after previous sync

Post by shagmasterk »

I am running MMW5 v5.0.2.2531 and MMA v 1.4.3.0950. Since updating MMW recently, I could not get MMA to wi-fi sync at all with MMW. I seem to have just resolved that, though I'm not sure how.

I do not have nearly enough space on my phone to hold my entire music collection, so far I have synchronized with a random set of songs up to a preset maximum MMA library size. I am trying to set syncing up so MMW receives all of my MMA playlist additions & changes, then overwrites all the songs on my phone with a new random subset (sue me, I enjoy variety - that's why I have so many songs in my library). I cannot get this to work without manually deleting the entire MMA library first. When I try without deleting the library, I get the following error:

Completed with errors
Not enough space on storage

Which is because I already filled the allotted space. Is it possible to get sync to happen the way I want it to happen?
Lowlander

Re: Failure to sync random set of songs after previous sync

Post by Lowlander »

Do you allow MediaMonkey to delete files on Sync: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... 3E_Device)
shagmasterk

Post by shagmasterk »

Yes, I currently have "Delete other files and playlists from . . . " checked with the option "Unselected Library files" chosen.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Does Sync offer to delete files at all? How much free space are you starting out with and could the Sync selection be too large for that (even when it does delete the unselected files)?
shagmasterk

Post by shagmasterk »

No it currently does not offer to delete files, though it used to when I manually deleted the entire library. Presently it just gives the error I stated earlier.

I am starting out with about 20GB free space before deleting files. I believe that is enough space for the sync selection, but I have set it to leave 20GB free space on my phone, so without deleting files, the error is happening, uhh, because I set it that way.

Should it be offering to delete files as soon as the sync list is created?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you doing a USB or wifi Sync? If USB, please just capture the Sync in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643 If a wifi Sync do that and also send a debug log right after the error from About and add the logID to the ticket information.