Android Auto: Display and change half star rating of song

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

cyd

Android Auto: Display and change half star rating of song

Post by cyd »

Hi,

I just started to use my new Android Auto system in my new Skoda Enyaq. I also liked very much that I can now use MMA on the Android Auto system. Great work guys!

What struggled me was that there is only a full star rating like on Apple available :( I use massively the half star ratings and that is one of the most reasons why I still stay with Android.

What is really really cool is that I can now change the rating of the songs. I missed that feature for years now with to the bluetooth connection. In the past I had to switch on the phone to set the song rating.
What should be improved is that the star up button should not be hidden on the advanced options. And for sure the half stars are missing.
From my point of view all cars have the previous and next song buttons on the steering wheel or as separate buttons. Could they be replaced by the ratings buttons. Or as a setting in the options?

If needed I can share a picture of the Android Auto screen.

Thank you.
cyd
cyd

Re: Android Auto: Display and change half star rating of song

Post by cyd »

No reply?
Am I'm the only one who request to improve this?
Peke

Re: Android Auto: Display and change half star rating of song

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Not sure if Android Auto will allow it :( From brief look at AA API, looks like AA supports 5 star system. MM is one of rare apps that support half star.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts