Where's the Album Art stored

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

mjhock

Where's the Album Art stored

Post by mjhock »

Where does MM5 keep the Album Art? Used to be a folder.jpg, now I guess it's some meta-data.

Is there a way to get the album art placed in the folder so that other apps can benefit from the album art?
Lowlander

Re: Where's the Album Art stored

Post by Lowlander »

It depends on your settings, external Artwork is still supported: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... k_Settings
mjhock

Post by mjhock »

OK. I found that setting. However, when I rescan, it stops at every folder (how can it just do the entire library) and doesn't drop the album.jpg in the folder. I've done this a few times and then checked. When it asks for confirmation I can see the artwork but after I confirm the album.jpg is not in the folder
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You say rescan, can you please detail more of exactly what you're doing? Scanning does not create folder.jpg.
mjhock

Post by mjhock »

File\Add/Rescan

I check off the root directory of my music. Check off "lookup missing information..."

I have also selected to save info to tag (if possible) AND to folder.

How can I force a full relookup of the artwork if rescanning isn't the trick?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Only missing information will be looked up. So if your files already have Artwork it won't be looked up.

There is no method in MediaMonkey 5 to take existing embedded Artwork and extract it to external Artwork.