mm4 vs mm5 - playlist in main window settings

To discuss development of addons / skins / customization of MediaMonkey.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

ericnjorl1957

mm4 vs mm5 - playlist in main window settings

Post by ericnjorl1957 »

In MM4 when I created a playlist the "playlist in main window settings" allowed me to update the grouping field with the playlist name and update the number of playlists the track was a member of.

In MM5, i cant seem to find a way to configure this feature.

Curious that I installed mediamonkey 4 in c:\mm
and I installed mediamonkey 5 in c:\mm\mm5

The MM4 database was converted to MM5 during the upgrade

The strange thing is that, I cant change the setting in MM4 but it is behaving like I had configured the playlist in main window settings (which is not possible).
Lowlander

Re: mm4 vs mm5 - playlist in main window settings

Post by Lowlander »

This is a MM4 only Third Party Addon. Thus it won't work in MediaMonkey 5.
AnsgarGorgor

Post by AnsgarGorgor »

Any chance to have a similar function in mm5, please (or the add-on converted to be compatible with mm5)?

I used "playlist in main window" a lot in mm4. As an "open format" DJ I have a huge number of playlists and the additional #pls fields helped me a lot to find the next best song during live sessions
------------------------
Windows 11 Home
MM4 = 4.1.31.1919 (lifetime license since .... can't remember :wink: )
MM5 = 5.0.4.2675 (lifetime license)
MMA = 1.4.5.0960 (on Android devices)
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Please consider putting your request in the Addon & Skin Requests channel, with specific details about what functionality you need. Maybe a potential addon maker can pick up the idea.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.