[REQ] More Autoplaylist Criteria

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

mamema

[REQ] More Autoplaylist Criteria

Post by mamema »

Hi,

i'm currently struggling to fill two SDCards from a larger library so that the SDs are random filled without duplicates.

As creating playlist is easy, it isn't that easy to get that music on the SDs

Of course there is the "Auto Organize Feature" great feature, but with caveats.

I can copy the autoplaylist files over to the SD card not in a way like a sync that the same directory structure is on source and destination. I have go through hoops like this:
"I:\Music\<Album Artist>\<Album>\\$if(<Disc #>,CD<Disc #:2>\)<Track #:2> <Artist> - <Title>"

to get a almost similar structure from my source structure which is:

Artist/Album/CD0-99(if existing)/title

but as it is "almost" similar duplicate checks like "is not" ..... in autoplaylist fail, because "almost" is not exactly the same....

So, to make a long story short, i'm coming to my feature request. To get around this failed duplicate check, it would be great to make a criteria like

is not "Artist" and Album and Title TAG on destination "media" or "playlist"

this is different to the current criteria available which is "is not like artist TAG "Rolling Stones"

So if the current TAGs (selectable) and flagged as variable are not already on destination, put them into the current playlist

Best regards