DLNA Video Download

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

peeg100

DLNA Video Download

Post by peeg100 »

Hi
I wonder if someone could offer some advice.

I have a Panasonic PVR PWT-655 and I am using Media Monkey to try and copy / Download programs I have recorded on the Panasonic box.
However, I am having issues with some files that will only download about 30 to 40 mins and then stop. Other files of an 1 or 2 hours download OK, so I am a bit confused as to why this might be. I understand some file don't download because of broadcast rights etc, but would think they would not even start downloading.

Anyone got any thoughts.

Cheers
Paul
Peke

Re: DLNA Video Download

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I'm unable to replicate on my video files.

Try to convert (To new file not overwrite) affecting files in MMW and see if that make them fully playable?

Please let us know the result as maybe actual files are corrupted and thus on fly conversion fails, which conversion of file should show.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Jack255

Cannot download

Post by Jack255 »

Hope this is the correct forum .

I installed mm to enable coping files on my Panasonic DVD Recorder to the PC. This used to be possible in Windows Explorer but I'm told
a Win 10 update removed the capability.

I'm new to mm but think I setup every correctly... I see the DVD Recorder name in Media Servers and the Filenames under Title. I r-click and select Download.
It asks where to put them, the Download icon pulsates then advises there was a problem downloading.

http://192.168.20.3:60001/AV-0-26843545 ... 286400_BDY - HTTP/1.1 503 Service
Unavailable

Can anyone help with this problem? Thank you.
Peke

Re: Cannot download

Post by Peke »

Hi,
In order to see what exact service is unavailable can you please open support ticket (Same login info as for a forum) and create debug log files like described in http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=20&t=69 so that we can analyze and see what is going on?
Best regards,
Peke
Jack255

Post by Jack255 »

Thanks for the help, I looked at the link but the instructions are way to complex for me!
If they could be simplified I'd give it a go.
I'm told Microsoft removed the ability (to copy from DVD Recorder) after an "update" earlier in 2017 but that
Win8 or Win 10 (before 2017) works.

I may try reverting to those OS. Wonder if anyone else has/had the same problem?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) Download and run DBGView
2) Download, install and run the debug version of MediaMonkey
3) Reproduce your problem
4) Save log from DBGView and attach it to a Support Ticket.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you please give us exact model or Link to Device specs? I would like to check if there is better way.
Best regards,
Peke
9411john

Post by 9411john »

Hope someone is still looking at this thread!
Another new user!
MM can see all files on Panasonic DVD and first time I used it I successfully copied a file to my NAS.
Now whenever I try I get the HTTP/1.1 503 service unavailable error.
i have made no changes to MM, Panasonic DVD or network.
Any ideas anyone.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That might be from the FreeDB lookup which is fixed in the latest release (https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 54426&sd=d).
Shrike49

Download Files from DMR440 to PC - Read Timeout

Post by Shrike49 »

Downloading from Panasonic DMR-440 recorder to PC

Hi,

Currently I'm Using Windows 7 Pro and Media Monkey 4.1.29.

Going back sometime ago (2012-2014) I was able to Download Video files from the DMR440 to my PC without
any problems using MediaMonkey (MM) 4.0.???? (Free Version), BUT NOW I Get a "Read Timed Out Error", see
attached image, even after I had upgraded MM to v4.1.29.... I also tried out MM v5.0.1.... (Free Version)
But with the same result.

I can See the Files listed in MM (Ver 4 and 5) and can see the MM Server from my TV under the Network
Section and I can View the selected Video in MM by selected the file and playing the video, both in MM &
VLC!! BUT NO DOWNLOAD!

Since about 2015, I've actually Managed Somehow to download only 2 files, One from the Panasonic and
another from my STB (Set Top Box). ANY other attempts have failed with the same error... "Read Timed out
Error".

After many attempts and different settings, including the AddIn for CODEC (old & New) to try and download a
file, I have just about given up! In the past I was Able to download & Convert to MP4 Format!

My thoughts at this time is that something has Changed either in MM or Win7Pro due to upgrades or maybe its
because I have been using FREE versions of Media Monkey or its quite simply no longer Possible???

Would love to get a solution to this Problem If Possible and any help would be appreciated. I'm also happy
to buy a full version of MM IF IT WILL ALLOW ME TO DOWNLOAD THE VIDEO!!

Hope you can help!!

Shrike49
Lowlander

Re: DLNA Video Download

Post by Lowlander »

Note that both of those are outdated releases: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8811

Can you play the files instead of downloading or does that also fail?