tag update failed inaccessible

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Jay Mow

tag update failed inaccessible

Post by Jay Mow »

Hi there

Some help on this would be fantastic

Ive been ripping cd`s to mp3s , after completing 6 Cds , they worked great and only had to change the artwork by finding the correct album cover online

When opening MM again and wanting to listen to the new collection I get " tag update failed: (drive)( album)(song.mp3) is inaccessible"

Im running windows 10 and the newest version of MM 5.0.2.2532

Help on this would be much appreciated
Lowlander

Re: tag update failed inaccessible

Post by Lowlander »

Does the file play? It may have been moved outside of MediaMonkey: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... s-to-play/
Jay Mow

Post by Jay Mow »

ok, so I've put in the file location from File > add/rescan files to the library and the files are now working ....BUT 2 of the albums have tracks that have all doubled and the song titles are now not matching the correct song, artist < this is strange! (this could be my fault as I deleted the duplicate songs?)

I can re rip the cds to have a clean start but how will I know if this wont happen again?

fyi :
I ripped the cds with MM and didn`t move the file location
the doubled songs that don't play come up with the same error "tag update failed inaccessible"
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If you rescan the files moved outside of MediaMonkey you would end up with doubles, one working copy, one not working copy. Check the Paths and you'll see this.

You can remove the non-working copies from Music > Files to Edit > Dead Links.

In the future, it's best to move files with MediaMonkey in the first place. If files are moved outside of MediaMonkey they can be fixed with Locate Moved/Missing Files.