Album Artwork in NAS

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

lightning

Album Artwork in NAS

Post by lightning »

Why are album artwork from NAS (I use Logitech Media Server and MinimServer) not being displayed in the Grid (or Grid by Album) view?

I have done "Add/Rescan files to the library ..." a couple of times already, still no luck.

Wonder am I missing something obvious?
Lowlander

Re: Album Artwork in NAS

Post by Lowlander »

Why scan from the DLNA Server instead of the File Server on the NAS? DLNA won't allow any form of editing and is a streaming protocol only.

Does the Properties show Artwork and do other players show Artwork from the DLNA Server? Also, which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey are you using?
MesonW

Post by MesonW »

I've experienced the same. The artwork can be assigned to an album, all looks well, and you can even see the .jpg on the NAS itself, so it has written the file there... but on restarting MediaMonkey, it can't read those same files and displays all default/wrong images again.

In my case I can't setup a fileserver connection on my work laptop, but I can use DLNA.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If you're using DLNA, it's up to the DLNA Server to associate the Artwork, not MediaMonkey. So, make sure the DLNA Server is actually doing this correctly first. If then, MediaMonkey doesn't show the correct Artwork respond back to try and troubleshoot this.

I do recommend trying with the latest beta: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 86639&sd=d
mesonw

Post by mesonw »

Thank you for the reply, that did make me reconsider how I was scanning the NAS. I was using the default DLNA server on there, but as I also have TwonkyMedia on there, I've re-scanned with that and all the artwork has been picked up.

Thanks again.
mesonw

Post by mesonw »

Okay, I posted that TwonkyMedia was making the artwork available through MediaMonkey... great... only for some reason the tracks all skip after a few seconds... anything from 3s to 13s in, they skip to the next track. (The length maybe depends on file size, as it appears to be a few seconds on some HD FLACs, but more on CDs ripped as FLAC).

The same tracks don't skip via the default DLNA server (but these don't pick up artwork as mentioned).
The same tracks don't skip from TwonkyMedia (or the default) when played via Windows Media Player.
The same tracks don't skip if I use the TwonkyMedia web page directly on the NAS.
It's only within MediaMonkey they skip.
I thought it was maybe the Maximum Cache Size in the settings, but I turned this off.

I've tried v 5.0.2.2532 and the latest Beta. Windows 10 Business 64bit
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please capture the skipping in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why this happens on your setup.
MesonW

Post by MesonW »

Thank you, I've posted a log capture in a ticket.